• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Duchess

Beach Lover
Sep 11, 2005
Blue Mountain Beach/Reynoldstown
Just got back from one of my many visits to the Blue Mountain area this summer. I'll miss the beach until my next trip from Atlanta, but I'm certainly not going to miss the drive. I thought I'd give out a couple of compliments before I forget...

Raw and Juicy was the only place I could find the turtle-friendly flashlight filters for sale. One of the salespeople at Seaside Kids gave me a couple of maglite mini filters for free, then directed me over to Raw and Juicy, where they had a bunch. I had been looking for them for a while, thanks.

I finally got around to taking a walking tour of Seaside, with Mark Schnell, on the last day of my visit. It was wonderful, and I can't recommend it enough. He is so personable and knowledgeable, really a highlight for me. And he *swore* he didn't mind me peppering him with questions. I fear this comment may swamp him with more requests, so maybe everyone should wait until it gets a little cooler before bugging him.

Also, our best meals over the summer were consistently at Marie's. Marie and Haney are wonderful, a great addition to the area and the food is yummy. I hope they thrive in the expanded location. Give them a try if you haven't already!

I already can't wait to go back, looks like my Mom is specifically driving down from NC to go to the Seaside yard sale in October. Y'all better have some good deals for her ;-)

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
I have seen red filters at Amavida in Rosemary Beach too. Raw and Juicy is a gem!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Mark Schnell is a gem as well- I can't imagine a better or more fun guide to Seaside!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Just got back from one of my many visits to the Blue Mountain area this summer. I'll miss the beach until my next trip from Atlanta, but I'm certainly not going to miss the drive. I thought I'd give out a couple of compliments before I forget...

Raw and Juicy was the only place I could find the turtle-friendly flashlight filters for sale. One of the salespeople at Seaside Kids gave me a couple of maglite mini filters for free, then directed me over to Raw and Juicy, where they had a bunch. I had been looking for them for a while, thanks.

I finally got around to taking a walking tour of Seaside, with Mark Schnell, on the last day of my visit. It was wonderful, and I can't recommend it enough. He is so personable and knowledgeable, really a highlight for me. And he *swore* he didn't mind me peppering him with questions. I fear this comment may swamp him with more requests, so maybe everyone should wait until it gets a little cooler before bugging him.

Also, our best meals over the summer were consistently at Marie's. Marie and Haney are wonderful, a great addition to the area and the food is yummy. I hope they thrive in the expanded location. Give them a try if you haven't already!

I already can't wait to go back, looks like my Mom is specifically driving down from NC to go to the Seaside yard sale in October. Y'all better have some good deals for her ;-)

Thanks for posting this. You hit some real highlights of SoWal.