• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

HD Lady

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach
Looking forward to my birthday! Shrimp and grits is my request. Who has the best shrimp n Grits? Please share your opinion. Thanks and have a great evening!

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Looking forward to my birthday! Shrimp and grits is my request. Who has the best shrimp n Grits? Please share your opinion. Thanks and have a great evening!
Hard to say... They'e all so different! Four I enjoy are Great Southern, Grayton Seafood, Chanticleer, and Hurricane.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
My opinion is this thread is making me hungry. There is almost nothing better than shrimp and grits in general.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
I'm from Charleston, SC, so my first suggestion is to go there for shrimp and grits.

However, if that isn't a choice, go to The Bay and get the Faux Ya Ya.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Great Southern's are good! The Faux Ya Ya at the Bay is good but is too rich for me or there is something in it that my innards don't like, not sure which. Hurricane's are good too. And if you are on Panama City Beach, Salty Sue's in phenomenal. Hint: get the small one.

My only requirement, and this can make it or break it with me, is that the tails must be off the shrimp before it comes to my table. I do not like cutting the tails and that yummy little section of meat off, and I certainly do not like digging in my food to peel them off by hand. And NO, you are not supposed to eat the tails!