Siam Thai Now Open by South Walton Publix

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by kurt, Dec 5, 2018.

1. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Siam Thai has moved to SoWal from the Panama City Mall, which is now permanently closed. They have taken the space that was occupied by Jin Jin by the South Walton Publix on 98, open Mon-Sat from 11am to 9pm.

2018-11-17-17.33.jpg
    2018-11-17-17.33b.jpg

2. tutic1971

tutic1971 Beach Comber

This food is FABULOUS! I have been there 2 times already. The owners are so nice and the food is top notch! Give it a try:) It's my new favorite spot.

3. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

Jin Jin was not a friendly place and very sketchy...and never anyone dining in...
    Top notch Chinese in SOWAL...please list top ones!

4. tutic1971

tutic1971 Beach Comber

Just to be clear, there is zero comparison between Jin Jin and the new restaurant, Siam Thai. New owners, new restaurant, amazing food cooked by the owner:) Going back again this weekend for sure:)

5. bob bob

bob bob Beach Lover

Lynn's and PF Changs is all you can do and they are mediocre. Unless you're in a real city you are going to find he same garbage everywhere passing for "chinese food" - unhealthy and often inedible. Unfortunately Thai is on the same ruinous path of losing the pride and realizing that americans will eat garbage. God forbid I hope the japanese continue their high standards of food and cleanliness. Whenever I'm on the road i look for japanese. 10 years ago any Thai restaurant was a good bet now it's 50-50. 20 years ago chinese was 50-50 now it's near zero chance to get good food.

6. tutic1971

tutic1971 Beach Comber

It's fair to Siam Thai to try their restaurant, then decide based on your experience with them. One of the owners of the husband/wife team is from Thailand, and the food is authentic and very tasty. Fresh cut chicken breast, fresh veggies, very flavorful starter salad.....give it a try:)

7. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

Thai is my favorite. Yes there are those excellent Thai restaurants that are better than others but I have yet to find a bad one around here or anywhere in our travels. A few disappointing maybe But not trash like Chinese places.

8. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

Thai Elephant authentic real deal

9. Teresa

FB_IMG_1544215940519.jpg Lunch at Lin's in Miramar Beach today. Surprisingly good. My son loves their sesame chicken which is why we stopped in. My Moo Goo Gai Pan was pretty good too. It's been a while since I dined here. Good food and good service a few Thai selections on the menu.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. elgordoboy

elgordoboy Beach Fanatic

VKI owners supposedly own Lin’s relatively recently. I need it give it a retry as it was previously bleh the two times. Dynasty at Miramar in the old Thai Elephant location plaza across from MacDonalds. Best General Tso I’ve had really. Thread hijackers take note!

11. Teresa

Interesting. I'm not a fan of VKI except I've had some good hibachi dinners there long ago. But Lin's was noticeably different yesterday with a freshened atmosphere, good presentation of food, and lots of staff.

12. James Bentwood

James Bentwood Beach Fanatic

Lin's people started VKI.

13. Garner

Garner Beach Fanatic

I have been there twice in the past week! Great food and good people. Thursday I had the coconut soup with chicken (and jasmine rice). Today I had the beef pho with an abundance of rice noodles. I also ordered a side of fried rice. Delicious! The sign above the door still says Jin Jin, but don't let that fool you. It is Siam Thai.

14. E5150

E5150 Beach Comber

Dynasty in Destin and Jin Jin 88 in PCB are both excellent, old-fashioned Chinese joints. The food at both places is consistent and well-prepared.