1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Six Days and Counting

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by steele mama, Nov 6, 2005.

1. steele mama

steele mama Beach Fanatic

Six Days and counting to the BIG SoWal wedding! Steeleing1 will be tieing the knot for good to one wonderful BWPS, a.k.a. famous mandolin player!

[ame="http://flickr.com/photos/mccord/17391709/in/set-414802/"]Dread Clampitt at Smith's Olde Bar, 6/3/05 on Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

http://floydfest.net/ffgallery/album40/photo_by_Ty_Brady_0971

Be prepared in Grayton for heavy traffic and parking nightmare on Saturday afternoon. The little girl who grew up playing at the dock on Western Lake and swimming in the Emerald Green will be saying "I do" right there where her heart has always been. :wub: I don't want to hear anything about noise ordinance either! ;-)

Please be in prayer for her Mama Sis (the most precious one) who has not been well for the first time in 84 years. you may have seen her wearing a crown in the 4th of July Parade. She's our queen!

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Beach Lover

What a nice post, Lil' Sis! You got pretty fancy with the links and all. :lolabove:

We are all looking forward to this family wedding....lots of us are participating and it will be a special celebration. We are all happy for the couple and wish them love and laughter forever together.

Thanks for the prayer request, too. Even if you don't know our mom, we would appreciate the prayers. The wedding won't be the same if we don't have her smiling face and whole hearted laughter.

Good idea to warn the folks about traffic and noise on Saturday afternoon / evening. Come join the party if we get too loud.

3. Rita

Rita margarita brocolia

Prayers for your Mom's health and a wonderful celebration coming your way!

4. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

TOO much fun! Here's to good health for your mom, best wishes for the happy couple, beautiful weather for the big day, and lots of celebrating! Cheers in advance! :clap_1:

5. steele mama

Thanks Rita and jdarg. I appreciate the good wishes! :D

6. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I hope she is able to go to the wedding, because I want to meet her. I am sending her some good thoughts.:D

7. steele mama

She is indeed a character. Now you know where we get all of our personalty! It ain't from the Colonel that's for sure! :D

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Beach Lover

Thanks for the good thoughts, SJ. We want her to meet you, too. She is the "queen" of our family for sure! Even though we have a number of "wanna bes"! :rolling:

Your photos are amazing all the time. What a talent you have. On that note, I'm just wondering if you might take our family sunset photo on Saturday, Dec10th? We usually just grab a random sunset person and ask them to take our picture, but what a nice thought to have you take it this year. We all take our cameras, but then can't all be in the picture.

See you this weekend, I hope.

OT

9. DBOldford

DBOldford Beach Fanatic

What a joyous occasion and so nice that you can celebrate it in your special place. Warm wishes to all and positive thoughts and prayers for the recovery of your loved one.

10. steele mama

Thanks from all of us, Donna.

11. Mermaid

Mermaid picky

Steele Mama, that's the sweetest post I've ever read, your describing your daughter saying her "I do" where her heart has always been. :wub: I hope I am lucky enough to write the same about my daughter when she's old enough to marry. :wub:

Best wishes to the bride! Congratulations to the groom!

And thanks for the traffic report! ;-) We're arriving on Saturday, so we'll be sure to take the PCB route instead of our regular GB route! :D (Although we might not be able to resist biking over to GB to see a wild wedding party in action... :wub: )

12. seagrovelover

seagrovelover little sugar

Steele Mama, I truly wish you have the most beautiful day ever for that wedding, what a sweet post that was :wub: best wishes to them both!!!

13. inlovewithGB

inlovewithGB Beach Lover

Mama i love everything about you, and reading what you said about the wedding and mama sis has me in tears! :wub I cannot wait for this wonderful occassion! You have done a wonderful job in raising Jen, you have so much to be proud of! So much love all for you.

Thanks to all who are praying for this day and for my grandmother, God blesss!

-the last one

14. seagrovelover

seagrovelover little sugar

Ok......now I have tears[​IMG] you have the sweetest family.

15. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Beach Lover

Yes, we do have the sweetest family and we all consider Grayton Beach "home". Most of us have been at Grayton for all of our lives.

Stop by and celebrate with us!

Love lives!

16. inlovewithGB

inlovewithGB Beach Lover

Hey Gail, i didnt know you were on here also! Mom made me get one and made sure i had the write spelling and everything! I love you so much and i am so excited to spend some good time with the family, we should have a wedding every year! I love you so much, tell the girls i say hello and i love them too!

17. steele mama

Thank you Mermaid. I appreciate the good wishes. This is my first wedding of 4 girls. More to come! :D

18. steele mama

Thanks seagrovelover. We do have a lot to be thankful for! Will you be in Seagrove this weekend?

19. steele mama

Honey, great avatar! Way to go! I'm so glad you had a mountaintop experience tonight. Sounded beautiful.
    :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

20. inlovewithGB

inlovewithGB Beach Lover

I really really did, just amazing, breathtaking and also very humbling! I wish you could have been there, it also helped that i was with some really amazing people, the best on campus i do believe! love you

*only 5 more days! :clap_1: