• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
No kidding. I picked up a bunch this morning. I vowed that if I actually caught somebody putting one out on the beach, I would dump my garbage bag full of butts into their beach bag.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
No kidding. I picked up a bunch this morning. I vowed that if I actually caught somebody putting one out on the beach, I would dump my garbage bag full of butts into their beach bag.
pyth.gif
You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

bluecat

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2007
kentucky
THE BEACH IS NOT YOUR ASH TRAY should be posted at every beach access for those who can read, maybe a no smoking picture with an x through the smoke for those non readers.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
THE BEACH IS NOT YOUR ASH TRAY should be posted at every beach access for those who can read, maybe a no smoking picture with an x through the smoke for those non readers.
Waste of time. How many no littering signs are there on the highways with a small garden of butts encircling them? It is just a nasty habit that reflects on a person's inherent trashiness.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
The wise old sage, Jimmy Buffet, once said: "there's no dumb-ass vaccine." Well said, Jimmy.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
http://www.surfridersd.org/hotyb.php

Surfrider has a great campaign. I am ALL for putting up HOLD ONTO YOUR BUTT since it is attention grabbing. Maybe we should consider such a sign even though I know, signs signs everywhere signs.....

Oh and I picked up dog poop ON THE BEACH the other morning. Went and paid my tag fee for our dog to be able to be on the beach during the allowed times and yet what do I have to do? Pick up poop from other dogs. Infuriating!