So the old man driving the cart cart said that only applies to cars

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by UofL, Aug 3, 2013.

1. UofL

UofL Beach Fanatic

As he went in the exit side of Seaside. Americans. You got to love them. (We like getting a glass of wine at Modica and people watch from the bench across from Pickles- hey we're easily amused:). Love our trips down here - were back. Vue was a lovely lunch before checkin spot today. We will have to add that to our 30A ritual. Very nicely done and welcoming from everyone. Ellen

2. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

What is it with these golf cart renters? I work in Rosemary Beach, and the guy in the upstairs rental parked in what is basically the back hallway to our back door, then helped himself to the electrical outlet in our utility closet. Of course we had to walk sideways to scootch around him, forget UPS or FedEx making a delivery, so we called and complained. I happened to be out back when he was moving the darn thing, grumbling and grousing. He asked me "Well, where am I supposed to park it?" . Um, a parking spot, like a car? Or a golf course? Just not anywhere you darn well please Mr. Low Rent Manners?

My other favorite golf cart a$$hat renter parked the cart right in front of the public access at 395 and 30A. That access is so tiny, about as big as a golf cart, so basically it blocked the access for everybody else. Nice.

So much tacky golf cart behavior this summer. I have heard from some reliable sources that there are talks of banning them in 2 of the larger resort communities thanks to all the headaches.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  3. tsutcli

tsutcli Beach Fanatic

This type of behavior is to be expected, and had been predicted early on, and will only get worse as more tourons show up. Businesses that rent these things and then take no responsibility are only interested in money and not their impact on the community at large. I hope that more communities take the position that they are not welcome, I only wish the County could do something about this continuing and escalating problem ( issue no more permits for this type of business and revoke those that come up for renewal. ). Any LSV's that are privately owned and registered here should require a special permit with a hefty impact fee ($500/yr).

4. UofL

UofL Beach Fanatic

If you're not on a golf course, it's now an electric car. That is so simple. I think people think back to the days at the amusement parks when you're finally tall/old enough to drive one of the cars:). They're reliving their youth. Back home they do the same thing in Norton Commons. They drive down the wrong way; the serious cyclists don't stop at stop signs.

5. seabythegrove

seabythegrove Beach Fanatic

What would we complain about if they banned golf carts?

6. Arkiehawg

Arkiehawg Beach Fanatic

Turdist
    Traffic
    Crap left on the beach overnight
    Snowbirds
    Bike Riders
    Private Beach A-holes
    Lousy food service
    Overcrowded Beaches
    Spring Breakers
    need I continue???? :cool:

7. ktape

ktape Beach Comber

When some one drunk or too young or too careless gets killed or badly injured we'll enforce some laws, otherwise forget it, no one will do anything. The truth is, no bike or golf cart belongs on 30a, it is dangerous, inconsiderate, frustrating and inconvenient. This is a clear example of the rights of a few disrespecting the needs of the many.
    This from someone whose business depend entirely on the tourist trade.

8. bluecat

bluecat Beach Fanatic

This is one touron who wouldn't mind at all if golf carts were banned,if walking into traffic while texting was banned.I now know pedestrians don't have to look either way when crossing a busy street and that I as a driver of a car must not run over them,but I've seen some a slight bump,oh well , fall is not far off and once I get there I plan to park my rear on the beach.

9. BeachRob

BeachRob Beach Lover

Last night, I was dining at 723. Reader, I $#!+ you not... A Ford F150 with 5 passengers in the back box (2 sitting on the rails) came flying by at about 35 miles an hour. Wheee!

10. deborsk

deborsk Beach Lover

That is unbelievable! You need to call Rosemary Beach Security or your building's association manager.

11. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

jdarg, it's only 3 months of the year.*

What he did is called theft of utility and is a misdemeanor in the state of Florida.

*couldn't help it after the "orientation is only one day a year".

12. 1ToshFan

1ToshFan Beach Lover

Unfortunately there are IDIOTS out there, and the LSVs or electric cars just seem to give them an avenue to express their idiocy. I really hope that it wont take a specific # of incidents to change how law enforcement responds, because "incidents" = serious harm to 1 or more individuals if not a fatality. As a responsible LSV owner/driver, we enjoy using our car, but just because a vehicle can go somewhere does not mean that you should take it there. I think the rental companies need to hammer the lawshome to their customers!!

13. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

LSV and golf cart mis-use (more than 3 months out of the year now) is quite a different issue than local families attending school orientations. Apples, oranges. On a few nights a year, our school parking lots are overwhelmed- families don't choose to park on every available piece of flat ground, they HAVE to, at several schools.

Jerk golf cart/LSV operators don't HAVE to park illegally, inconveniently, or rudely- they just do.