• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Tablefor5

Beach Comber
Jul 20, 2007
We are new to SRB and I am looking for a soccer and/or tennis program for my son for the fall and beyond. I know there is a soccer league in Niceville, but is there anything closer? He will be attending Butler Elementary. Thanks.

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
you should try seaside by far the best junior program for tennis on 30-a

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
There is a soccer program in South Walton (South Walton Youth Soccer), but I have heard that registrations are closed. The teams are formed, however there aren't near enough parents volunteering to coach. I even heard of a parent volunteering to coach if his daughter could sign up late, and he was told "no".

Organicmama tried to sneak me in as a coach, and I had to show proof that I was overcommitted and couldn't clone myself just to get out of it.:lol: ;-)

BTW- if there are any South Walton Youth Soccer parents on this board, please please consider coaching if your child's team does not have a coach. The teams are very small which is why they are having trouble finding a manager and trainer for every team.

Tablefor5

Beach Comber
Jul 20, 2007
Thanks all. Have actually found a new program, please see the following info if you are interested. I believe it isn't too late to sign up:
Tuesday, September 5th

What? The club?s official first day!

Where? Helen McCall Park in Santa Rosa Beach
(Travel East on Hwy 98 passing by Sandestin Resort. After passing through the intersection of County Road 30-A & 98, travel approximately 3-4 miles and on your right, turn onto Moll Drive. The field is to your left at the end of the road)

When ? Tues, 9/5 5:15 pm: Registration
(bring your registrations packets?there will be add?l copies for new players)

6:00 pm: 1st practice
(please be on the field, completely dressed out, promptly at 6:00!)

Questions? Call Jim Leroux @ 850-582-6749 or email to j14leroux@hotmail.com

NOTE: We will also have practice, Wed, 9/6 @ 6:00 pm at Destin Elementary. Practice will return to Mondays and Wednesdays the following week.

Make sure and bring your water bottles and soccer balls! (you might want to put player names on both)

*********************************************************************************

Updated Fee Schedule (August 29, 2008):

Mandatory fees:
Monthly Dues: 4-6 yrs $45 per month
7-9 yrs $55 per month
10-12 yrs $65 per month
13-15 yrs $75 per month
16-18 y $80 per month

Family discount: There will be a 5% discount applied to dues of second child within family, and a 10% discount applied toward dues of 3rd (or more) child within same family.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Where did you find this and what is it? What is the name of the club? It seems strange that there are 2 youth soccer programs in South Walton.:dunno:

Thanks all. Have actually found a new program, please see the following info if you are interested. I believe it isn't too late to sign up:
Tuesday, September 5th

What? The club’s official first day!

Where?Helen McCall Park in Santa Rosa Beach
(Travel East on Hwy 98 passing by Sandestin Resort. After passing through the intersection of County Road 30-A & 98, travel approximately 3-4 miles and on your right, turn onto Moll Drive. The field is to your left at the end of the road)

When ?Tues, 9/5 5:15 pm: Registration
(bring your registrations packets…there will be add’l copies for new players)

6:00 pm: 1st practice
(please be on the field, completely dressed out, promptly at 6:00!)

Questions?Call Jim Leroux @ 850-582-6749 or email to j14leroux@hotmail.com

NOTE: We will also have practice, Wed, 9/6 @ 6:00 pm at Destin Elementary. Practice will return to Mondays and Wednesdays the following week.

Make sure and bring your water bottles and soccer balls! (you might want to put player names on both)

*********************************************************************************

Updated Fee Schedule (August 29, 2008):

Mandatory fees:
Monthly Dues: 4-6 yrs $45 per month
7-9 yrs $55 per month
10-12 yrs $65 per month
13-15 yrs $75 per month
16-18 y $80 per month

Family discount: There will be a 5% discount applied to dues of second child within family, and a 10% discount applied toward dues of 3rd (or more) child within same family.

Last edited:

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
There is a soccer program in South Walton (South Walton Youth Soccer), but I have heard that registrations are closed. The teams are formed, however there aren't near enough parents volunteering to coach. I even heard of a parent volunteering to coach if his daughter could sign up late, and he was told "no".

Organicmama tried to sneak me in as a coach, and I had to show proof that I was overcommitted and couldn't clone myself just to get out of it.:lol: ;-)

BTW- if there are any South Walton Youth Soccer parents on this board, please please consider coaching if your child's team does not have a coach. The teams are very small which is why they are having trouble finding a manager and trainer for every team.

I love how you said I tried to sneak you in. It was just I wasn't going down by myself. ;-) "Sarcasm" would be the apt term.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:wave: :wave: