Sockeyes

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by BlueMountainBeacher, Nov 20, 2004.

1. BlueMountainBeacher

BlueMountainBeacher Beach Comber

Anyone know if the Sockeyes in Watercolour will stay open, or will it close as well?

2. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

I haven't heard anything - is something up with Sockeye's?

3. BlueMountainBeacher

BlueMountainBeacher Beach Comber

Hey Kurt, yeah..the BIG store had a going out of business sale a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately for me, my surfing kids were not in town, or I'd be BROKE!!!

Saw that the one in Watercolor was still around, so wondered if anyone knew what was going on..can't be good.

4. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

Did not know that. Thanks for the info.

5. Kathryn

Kathryn Beach Comber

We went to the 50% off sale at Sockeyes at Baytowne in SanDestin yesterday and they said ALL the Sockeyes were going out of business.

They didn't know when the one in WaterColor was closing. Maybe they're waiting until the holiday shopping season is over ....retail can be a tough business. :sosad:

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We just returned from the area this weekend...were disappointed to see the big Sockeyes store closed...we were frequent customers...loved that place! Talked to some locals who said it was a divorce situation...its really too bad. They thought the husband was going to keep the Baytowne store open, but I guess not from what I'm reading on the board. :cry:

7. Garner

Garner Beach Fanatic

I know that the one in Watercolor is closed and I think the same goes for Sandestin.The Watercolor store is vacant - I imagine that they moved everything into the big store in Destin for the going out of business sale this weekend.