• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sea Sothebys

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2007
SRB, FL
I got there early to help register buyers. There was an impressive assortment of tents surrounding the larger tent housing the main auction site.

I took note that the sky looked ominous and the radio announcer warned of “bad weather on its way.”

Chin up, holding down my dress fearing wind gusts, I entered the main tent. :yikes: It was my first impression of a Sotheby’s Auction. Everything looked well-designed and organized, rather sophisticated. And YES Shelly, there were morning treats, but NO Shelly, there were no balloons.

By about 9:30, it started to pour. I had registered several buyers, most were from out of town.The rain didn't impose too much but suddenly, thunder and lightening made its appearance and scared my unborn child into spins and kicks. I was really scared.

There was a gas generator only about 30 feet from me behind the tent walls.

The auction officials were poised on the stage and I could tell an announcement was about to be made.

The next thing you know, I was frantically calling buyers and my seller to let them know:
A. do not come to the park
B. we are rescheduling the auction for MAY 3

My seller seemed miffed that we held the auction at Henderson rather than an indoor space. I can’t blame her, though I think the conept was good- a back up would have been logical.

My buyers are considering making offers today, while they are here.

If anyone is out there thinking about making an offer to sellers who were expecting to 'unload' today, I think your chances are even better. 850.225.6466

Thank you for your interest so far, and I will keep you posted.

Last edited: