1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

South Of Philly Is The Real Deal

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by SoWal Staff, Jul 16, 2014.

1. SoWal Staff

SoWal Staff Serving the Community! Staff Member

[​IMG]

South of Philly Restaurant opened on Hwy 393 (just north of Scenic 30A at Gulf Place) last Fall. Owner Jeremy Price moved his popular eatery from Seagrove Plaza into the location formerly occupied by Enzo’s Italian Restaurant.Jeremy always wanted to make cheesesteaks. Growing up in Pennsylvania he grew to have a genuine passion for the “real” cheesesteaks.

[​IMG]

“All I ever wanted to do as a child was eat cheesesteaks and my best friend and I dreamed of someday opening our own cheesesteak-cooking place,” laughs Jeremy. “Most restaurants who offer an ‘authentic’ philly cheesesteak aren’t even close…we start by using Amoroso Rolls and incorporate only 100% ribeye steak. We patty all of our meat for burgers, no frozen patties will do.”

Although most South of Philly customers choose either the Philly Cheesesteak or the South Philly Burger, other menu options include Pulled Pork Tacos, Caribbean Shrimp Tacos, Gyros, and Chicken Curry. Salads are also offered along with a variety of smoothies. Don't forget a cold glass of beer!

Jeremy’s emphasis is providing a good meal at a reasonable price.

“I want the working public to be able to come in here with their kids and enjoy an authentic cheesesteak meal at an affordable price,” says Jeremy.

He offers daily lunch specials geared around this concept.

“I pride myself on knowing what frequent customers like and want….when they walk in the door they know they will be eating the best cheesesteak south of philly….that’s what I’m all about.”

Check out South of Philly at 1598 South County Highway 393 in Santa Rosa Beach and get the real deal cheesesteak and more! South of Philly serves lunch and dinner Monday-Thursday from 10:30am-8pm, Friday and Saturday from 10:30am-9pm, and Sundays from 10:30am-7pm. Contact South of Philly by phone at (850) 622-1055 or email at info@southofphilly30a.com.

Learn more about South of Philly in the SoWal Dining Guide. (add your rating & comments to South of Philly dining page)

Read more...

We'd love to hear what you think...you can comment here or on the story page. Feel free to share on your site, blog, facebook, or any other site.

2. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

We had a fabulous lunch at South of Philly today! What a great addition to South Walton! Truly great food, affordable, casual and great for families!

The favorites on the menu are the philly cheesesteak (roll is as scrumptious as the cheesesteak) and the cheeseburger (buns made by Crust Artisan Bakery). The fries are excellent as well!

My lunch today:

[​IMG]

3. DCollins

DCollins Beach Lover

Heard nothing but good things, on my list of restaurants to get to in SoWal.

4. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

I've eaten there and it was excellent. Not exactly diet food, but who does that on vacation?

5. Andy A

Andy A Beach Fanatic

While its not diet food, it sure is soul satisfying! Great place, great food.

6. Dawn

Dawn Beach Fanatic

They have good wraps which are lighter.

7. Teresa

reminds me of what Flip Flops was once... but far better!!! Fast food SoWal style, comfort food, affordable, family-friendly and all that.

8. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

Anyone tried Jeremy's breakfast? Are can post breakfast menu

9. Teresa

Not serving breakfast at this time. Lunch and dinner only! He started to do it, but not quite the right time yet.

10. Will B

Will B Moderator

Ate there a week ago Thursday. All I can say is holy crap! That was the real deal. I'm picky about my cheese steak sandwiches like I am about my coleslaw. They did not disappoint. Awesome! It's on the mandatory dining list, now, for each time I go down to the house!

11. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

ditto awesome philly cheese in deed. What is fav cole slaw?

12. Will B

Will B Moderator

gotta be mayo based but not too tangy.