• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Magee

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2011
Miramar Beach Florida
There are always two sides to every story! That holds true with these frivolous lawsuits! The problem is that the law firm representing these lawsuits specializes in suing tax-supported agencies knowing that these agencies are required to carry insurance. With big promises of settling out of court and the plaintiff will receive cash rewards, the only winners are the lawyers by the time they deduct their legal expenses and then do the division of profits the plaintiff gets the smallest amount. This law firm does not wish to go to court knowing that the plaintiff has to prove their allegations, which are virtually impossible since they didn’t occur. This law firm understands that the insurance companies prefer staying out of court and keeping their legal expense at a minimum, so we all lose, and the truth is never told!

Unfortunately, Florida law requires mediation before granting a court date, this is how the plaintiff never has to prove their allegations. The South Walton Mosquito Control District welcomes the opportunity to defend themselves and have the truth be told, unfortunately this never happens.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
There are always two sides to every story! That holds true with these frivolous lawsuits! The problem is that the law firm representing these lawsuits specializes in suing tax-supported agencies knowing that these agencies are required to carry insurance. With big promises of settling out of court and the plaintiff will receive cash rewards, the only winners are the lawyers by the time they deduct their legal expenses and then do the division of profits the plaintiff gets the smallest amount. This law firm does not wish to go to court knowing that the plaintiff has to prove their allegations, which are virtually impossible since they didn’t occur. This law firm understands that the insurance companies prefer staying out of court and keeping their legal expense at a minimum, so we all lose, and the truth is never told!

Unfortunately, Florida law requires mediation before granting a court date, this is how the plaintiff never has to prove their allegations. The South Walton Mosquito Control District welcomes the opportunity to defend themselves and have the truth be told, unfortunately this never happens.
The hits just keep on coming. I guess the lawyers are having a hard time chasing ambulances these days.

I remember 30 years ago when I heard there were more students in law school than there were lawyers in the world. That coupled with the revolving doors in Washington and the foxes done ate all the chickens in the hen house means the end of our republic.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I don't like people whose first instinct is to sue like your president and your neighbor Huckabee.
Based on an article I read, it appears those employees attempted to work through the process and got no where. That said bob bob, what exactly would you prefer them to do? Not a lawyer and have been involved in workplace problem resolution.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
I guess the OP assumes we know at least one side to the story. Sorry I have no idea what's going on so I'll bow out. Why do people post out of the blue like we're supposed to know wtf they're talking about? It seemed like a general post about lawsuits.

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Well when someone feels they have been wronged they have a right to sue.
Absolutely! Morgan and Morgan, in one of their Facebook ads were saying that if you felt stressed out over the impeachment process, "you might be entitled to compensation". You can't make this stuff up.