• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

J Walker

Beach Comber
Jan 24, 2009
Teen Need

Wake up and look around, great idea for this project but what do kids have to do in this area?
Let's discuss a skate park, great to get tween and teen involvement plus revenues (surcharge to use facility) would be very good. This sport has a huge following and I dare say you would have many kids from neighboring areas coming to try it out. Keeps kids occupied and out of trouble.:blush:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
This was briefly discussed in a meeting the other day- currently the submitted RFPs are being reviewed as I understand it, but maybe somebody with more details can chime in.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Does anyone besides me wonder if Sonny Mares staunch support of this project despite the continued resistance from Scott Brannon to sign the contracts for the feasibility study had anything to do with his sudden "retirement"?

I doubt that because there was supposedly quite a bit of support on the TDC board for this thing. Now if you start seeing those guys replaced, then I would say that there is some disagreement over the direction things were going.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Sure would be nice to have a Sheryl Crow & Friends "Concert for the Gulf" (SoWalStock) right about now.

Anybody got a big field with a lotta porta potties?

LJ123

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2009
Sheryl Crow & Friends "Concert for the Gulf"

Sure would be nice to have a Sheryl Crow & Friends "Concert for the Gulf" (SoWalStock) right about now.

Anybody got a big field with a lotta porta potties?

:clap:How about Gulf Place or Pier Park? Does anyone know how to reach Sheryl?
Both venues are soo nice and close to the water, also the businesses and condo rentals would benefit from people coming to attend!

Our wonderful local talent could participate as well.

i would join to work with someone who has experience to organize an event like this.

Last edited: