• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Hey all,

What are my options for putting Internet in a condo in Seagrove? The HOA of the building has a group contract with I guess MediaCom for basic cable. Now a days however, it seems like WIFI is more important than even cable, especially at the beach, but getting an HOA to agree to that would be impossible b/c/ it is an older building with people who are getting up in years, so not everyone wants internet etc etc.

So does anyone know what the options are? Does MediaCom have a better rate for those already in group cable packages, for accessing internet through the same wire? Are there telco options? I know AT&T has promotions offering 19.99 internet, but not sure if thats available in South Walton. Who is the phone company down there anyway? It was Sprint years ago, but I'm sure its someone else now?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
CenturyLink took over Sprint some years back. Mediacom is the only cable provider unless you are in Rosemary who has a contract with Knowlogy.

TJMay

Beach Lover
Jul 25, 2005
Wifi can be received through the same MediaCom cable as the TV signal with the addition of a modem and router.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Do a forum search. You'll find quite a few threads. Plenty of folks ready to complain about both Centurylink and Mediacom internet service.

I've got Centurylink. We had two days of down time a couple of years ago due to some dead equipment upstream from us in the network. Otherwise, both service and customer service have met expectations.

One reason why I haven't used Mediacom for internet is that if the cable goes down, we'll lose both TV and internet. Spreading our dependencies around, to reduce risk if we get a storm hit.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Alys Beach has a contract with Knowledgy. Mediacon reins the rest of the area. Haven't had too much trouble with the DSL through Centurylink.

Either way you're dealing with these idiots:
450793311_640.jpg