• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Phoenix Rising

Beach Lover
Apr 24, 2006
I have a friend visiting from San Francisco. She has traveled the world; however this is her first visit the heaven (I mean South Walton). Her hobby is looking at old architecture. Can any of you offer ideas of where she can go to look at beautiful old houses? She has visited the mansion at Eden Gardens and has found some fun homes in Grayton Beach. I also thought about the houses around the lake in DeFuniak Springs. She doesn't want to tour them, she'd rather walk/bike/drive by and look. Thanks in advance for any help.

Phoenix

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
The Lake Circle at Defuniak has the best old houses in Walton County. Take a day trip to Apalachicola (two hours east) and you can find a lot of great old victorian houses. Pensacola has some fine old houses, and , of course, St. Augustine is about six hours away but is well worth a nice long weekend. (I have a collection of photos of old houses on my computer that is well over 130 entries long.)

Last edited:

rheffron

Beach Fanatic
Jan 17, 2008
There is a neat old renovated Florida Cottage that was relocated to a side street near the SRB Golf course.