Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I took your advice and have the shortcut, but the SoWal app was quite a bit more handy to use. Is there going to be a new and improved app coming out soon?

bentley williams

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
SoWal
It took me a day to get used to without the app but I like it better now. More features and quicker. Kurt said in a message that the apps available are too buggy.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Not liking it at all. I need to put my glasses on just to read the tiny font. How do you go to the last post without having to go through the entire thread? And what are all those trophies about? weird.

Kurt Lischka

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Not liking it at all. I need to put my glasses on just to read the tiny font. How do you go to the last post without having to go through the entire thread? And what are all those trophies about? weird.
1. Please let me know where fonts are located that are too small.
2. There's a small round blue icon to the left of thread title with new posts. I plan on making it bigger. It's in the same place it always has been.
3. I don't like the trophy idea and working on deleting. Where are you seeing reference to them?

Thanks for the feedback.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach

Kurt Lischka

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The whole right side of the forum is tiny. When I logged in yesterday, I had a red icon under alerts and had about 20 'trophies' for stuff. These just came up...
  1. Independent Thinker quoted your post in the thread Man Arrested at Butler Elementary.
    23 minutes ago

2. kurt quoted your post in the threadSoWal Forum Upgrade 8-16-15.
    35 minutes ago
  3. SoWal Forum Upgrade 8-16-15.[/paste:font]39 minutes ago
  1. New Format. Reason: Moved[/paste:font]

So fonts are too small in the alert panel? Anywhere else?
The trophies in the alert may have been when "post thanks" from the old software was upgraded to the new format. Now you can "like" a post, instead of the old "thanks" a post.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
The fonts on the right side where 'latest posts' are. On the left the forum categories are good size, but on the right is where i'm talking about. Not concerned with the alerts.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
3. I don't like the trophy idea and working on deleting. Where are you seeing reference to them?
Thanks for the feedback.

Kurt, when you click on "Alerts" then "Show All" it expands to show you who quoted, who liked a post in a thread and trophies appear after you have gotten a certain number of likes on a post or thread and looks like....
  1. 15
    Awarded: Sunday at 3:29 PM
    Seriously Likeable!
    Content you have posted has attracted 100 likes.

2. 10
    Awarded: Sunday at 3:29 PM
    I Like It a Lot
    Your messages have been liked 25 times.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
As I have said on many occasions, I am relatively computer illiterate. I do not like the new format as compared to the old one. When typing there is some lag in the letters. I miss the "thanks" feature My avatar is now missing. IMO, it is not as good or easy to use as the old format.