Kurt Lischka

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
As I have said on many occasions, I am relatively computer illiterate. I do not like the new format as compared to the old one. When typing there is some lag in the letters. I miss the "thanks" feature My avatar is now missing. IMO, it is not as good or easy to use as the old format.

Hi @Andy A

The typing lag is a new one on me. Try rebooting your computer and/or trying a different browser to see if that's the issue. Anyone else having issues?

Not sure what happened to avatar. It must have gotten lost in the import. Can you remind me what it was?

The "thanks" feature is now called "like" - it's at the bottom right of each post.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
As I have said on many occasions, I am relatively computer illiterate. I do not like the new format as compared to the old one. When typing there is some lag in the letters. I miss the "thanks" feature My avatar is now missing. IMO, it is not as good or easy to use as the old format.

Andy...the thanks feature is still here its just called "Like" now. The avatar can be replaced very easily with a simple google search name of the one you had in 200x200 pixels. Save it to your computer and this app does allow you to upload it to from your computer.

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The avatars the old app offered aren't there anymore Kurt. Before the change you could upload images the board had now that option isn't there....well it is there but its empty.

Kurt Lischka

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The avatars the old app offered aren't there anymore Kurt. Before the change you could upload images the board had now that option isn't there....well it is there but its empty.
Oh yeah I forgot about that. The new version doesn't have a standard avatar gallery to choose from. I can add one.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Oh yeah I forgot about that. The new version doesn't have a standard avatar gallery to choose from. I can add one.

That could be why the avatars didn't transfer??

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
My avatar was a great big bird (I think an Osprey) with spread wings.

Kurt Lischka

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
That could be why the avatars didn't transfer??
I didn't realize avatars from the stock gallery didn't transfer. A lot of people will need to re-add theirs. I was able to create a stock gallery to make a selection of stock avatars available when choosing. So you can upload you're own or select one from stock. You can also use any image in the media galleries as an a avatar. It's a little icon on the top right of any image.