• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Real estate speculators take note:

With only 9 days left on an Ebay auction for a lot 30A Gulf-view lot, the bid price is only $20,100 which is still several thousand dollars short of the winning bid made on a 10-year-old grilled cheese sandwich with the image of Virgin Mary. :eek: I understand realtors are flocking to nearby IHOPs in hopes of finding a pancake with the image of the Rev Al Sharpton. :D

Gulfview Lot:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Santa-Rosa-Beach-FL-Scenic-30A-Gulfview-Lot

Grilled Cheese:
10-Year-Old Grilled Cheese Sandwich @ $28,000

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
So what does that mean? The Ebay site for the lot clearly states that you are not buying the lot with the bid. This approach is quite different than a real auction, where the winning bid actually buys the property.

Also, the companies who buy the grilled cheese sandwich with the Virgin Mary and similar items do so for cheap advertising. The company makes national news for a few days for a mere $40-50 grand.

As a good friend of mine often says, "get fo real."

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
SHELLY said:
Real estate speculators take note:

With only 9 days left on an Ebay auction for a lot 30A Gulf-view lot, the bid price is only $20,100 which is still several thousand dollars short of the winning bid made on a 10-year-old grilled cheese sandwich with the image of Virgin Mary. :eek: I understand realtors are flocking to nearby IHOPs in hopes of finding a pancake with the image of the Rev Al Sharpton. :D

Gulfview Lot:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Santa-Rosa-Beach-FL-Scenic-30A-Gulfview-Lot

Grilled Cheese:
10-Year-Old Grilled Cheese Sandwich @ $28,000

Only proves that eBay is not a good sales medium/vehicle to sell a SoWal Gulfview Lot. :dunno: I did not need to see these results to have that opinion. Am I missing something here? :cool: