Discussion in 'Sports and Recreation' started by 30A Skunkape, Aug 27, 2007.
Yep, 'random thoughts' is up by a couple hundred. We'll be smoking that lame thread by mid September
Oh yippee. Kitty...same deal as last year?
Thanks Skunky for the past two years of selecting the games, we will miss you handling that but you still are going to participate in picking the winners each week I'm sure! ;-) Are there enough games to do a pick'em for this next weekend??? I hope so.
Kudos to Skunky for starting this, and to BR and Big D for keeping it going. Y'all have fun, as I'm only going to be a spectator this year.
Aw c'mon ShallowsNole. We need all the participants we can get. It's more fun with all the regulars.
hmm. this is sorta bittersweet for me.
Aggie you playing??? I will have to find a backup person to place my picks for me for the games on the 5th of September if my son cannot do it. With his long work hours, I do not know if he will remember, or have time.
i'm not sure lady d, gonna sleep on it. if i do, i'll help you out if you need me to.
I just would like everyone to play that played last year. It makes things more competitive to have many playing. I've been waiting on this since hoops ended.
ok, let's try and get this going. maybe someone will step up to the plate.
Thanks Aggie, , you can do it. I totally did horrible on the bowl picks last year, did bad at the end. But I find it fun. Maybe the Vols can beat UCLA this year.
Sowal ncaa pick em
Hello Sowaler's!!! I'm back!!!! Been meaning to get on here for a while. I can't wait for football pick em to kick off into high gear, especially since I will be able to do the whole thing this year. So how is everyone? I hear skunky isn't doing it this year, hopefully skunky will be able to at least do the pick em though.
Sorry guys, I've got waaaay too much on my plate this fall to keep up with anybody else but my team. Of course, I wouldn't do much worse as the ACC and SEC are basically all I traditionally keep up with anyway...
Hey Fulmer4senate, I am ready for the pick'em also. I guess you will have to get Kurt to change the title of your user id now to kiffin4senate since Fulmer is out. I hope you will post my picks for me for the games for the 5th since I will be at the beach. I will have to get with you by phone when the games are posted to tell you who I want to go with.
okay, how the hail does this thing work? are there any instructions, rules, etc I can reference?
Hey, Big D and I are deciding on the teams and the rules. We will have it out by Sunday at the latest.
I want in too!. I've been more than very busy, but I can try to keep up with you fine folks! New job & blah, blah, blah but I make time for football time in Tennessee via Ohio.
I understand what you are saying Sonny. I've been dealing with being a store manager. Work, work & more work. But one thing is for sure, not even work can come between me & tennessee football this year. College football for that matter. I'm getting real antsy for college football to start & for some picks as well. *Patiently waiting BR *
Rules for the 2009 SoWal Pick'em
1. The games for each week's SoWal Pick'em will be posted on or before Monday evenings.
2. The deadline for posting is 9 AM Central Time on the first day of play for that week?s group of games (either Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, depending on the week). No changes or additions can be made after this deadline.
3. Anyone who misses the deadline (as defined in #2 above) can post by 9 AM Central Time on Friday or Saturday, forfeiting all games already played that week. Those who miss the deadline only get one post ? edited posts will not be accepted.
4. For those who post their picks prior to the deadline (as defined in #2 above), any changes in their picks must be made in a new post rather than by editing an earlier post, but no later than the deadline.
5. Each correct pick earns one point.
6. The winner of the SoWal Pick?em will be the person who has the most points, not the highest percentage of correct picks.
7. Bonus questions may be included later in the season in case a tie-breaker is needed. The points from these questions will not be added to a picker?s total points for the season.
8. Leaders for each week, for the regular season, and for the bowl games will be recognized. However, the winner of the SoWal Pick?em will be the person with the most wins for the season, including bowl games.
9. This year?s winner will receive double the reward received by last year?s winner.
WEEK I SCHEDULE
Thursday September 3
South Carolina @ North Carolina State
Troy @ Bowling Green
Oregon @ Boise State
Saturday September 5
Minnesota @ Syracuse
Kentucky @ Miami (Ohio)
Baylor @ Wake Forest
Georgia @ Oklahoma State
Nevada @ Notre Dame
Missouri @ Illinois
Louisiana Tech @ Auburn
Brigham Young @ Oklahoma
Virginia Tech @ Alabama
Louisiana State @ Washington
Sunday September 6
Mississippi @ Memphis
Monday September 7
Miami @ Florida State
Good luck on your Week I picks!
Separate names with a comma.