• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Hello LSU...you are going the wrong way! :yikes:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Please Lady, I wasn't going to change my pick from Tennessee, relax.

This game is over for Tennessee. They have blown too many opportunities. Dropped passes, bad play selections by Erik Ainge. ESPN was right the other night when they said Ainge never played well against LSU. He is showing that alright. They will be blown out in the second half. They have no defense where pass defense is concerned. When you give up 3 feet when defending a receiver there will be a catch made every time by the opposite team and Tennessee is known for that. That is their bad specialty. :lol:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
This game is over for Tennessee. They have blown too many opportunities. Dropped passes, bad play selections by Erik Ainge. ESPN was right the other night when they said Ainge never played well against LSU. He is showing that alright. They will be blown out in the second half. They have no defense where pass defense is concerned. When you give up 3 feet when defending a receiver there will be a catch made every time by the opposite team and Tennessee is known for that. That is their bad specialty. :lol:

Always the optimist! Thats our LadyD!:lol:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I understand that LSU has some injured players, but neither team is playing like SEC Champions. Go DAWGS!

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
The irritating thing about this game is that they are fighting for the right to play Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl. Hawaii!? LSU or Tennessee against Hawaii is horrible. And it is bad for New Orleans as Hawaii will bring a Tulane sized contingent of fans (that would be fewer than 20k).:bang:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
I understand that LSU has some injured players, but neither team is playing like SEC Champions. Go DAWGS!

You are right there. But one will be in the second half. Tennessee hasn't done that bad defensively against the run in the second quarter but the pass is a different story. They've settled down some where stopping Hester and the run is concerned. But they have blown 3 opportunities to tack on more points. Dropped passes, poor running play choices, etc. Same thing every year. They drive me crazy. They used to have one of the best defensive secondaries. :bang: And I've followed Tennessee and their football for many years. Been a Vol fan since 10 years old. Things will come back to haunt you when you don't capitalize on opportunities.

Last edited:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Now Ainge is starting to do something. That is the Tennessee I am used to seeing. Thanks LSU for fumbling the ball. We would be ahead 17-13 right now if Daniel Lincoln wouldn't have missed that field goal earlier. He has missed two over the past 3 weeks and that is unusual.

Come on UT!!! :clap::clap:

I think Skunky was right. TN just might win. Somebody do my homework for me ... what does that do to the bowl picture?

Sorry, I'm not exactly into football this season after the Gators tanked. And basketball will be worse ... the starters left. :yikes:The only names on the roster that I recognize are Hodge and Werner. That's scary.

Oh, well, from past experience I know to enjoy the ride while it lasts because this is all so cyclical. For example, UGA hasn't been so good since Herschel left ("under the N -- number 34, Herschel Walker"). Glad they're back in it -- makes the FLA/GA game more interesting. We stopped going because it got boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.