• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Well, I'm back from JBO's service, ya'll he's buryed in a country cemetary up the hill from his inlaws house,they have his latest puppy now at their house, and the puppy barked through the whole graveside service.
Now, I'm going to pick for both of us.(I didn't realize there was a game last night)
Fresno State @ New Mexico State
Navy @ Army
Tulsa @ Central Florida
Florida Atlantic @ Troy
Oregon State @ Oregon
UCLA @ Southern Cal
Arizona @ Azizona State
BC @ Virginia Tech
Missouri @ Oklahoma
LSU @ Tenn

Welcome back cp! Last night's game was a tough one.

BTW Kitty, you've heard of the college vacuum? (I've been there). I am now in the nursing-home vacuum -- trying to do my job, manage our three homes, and spend many hours per week checking out appropriate assisted-living arrangement for Mom, as well as visiting her temporary arrangement that's a three-hour round-trip.

So I don't have a clue when any football games are/were, especially now that the Gators are out of it. The mighty, how they fall.:sosad:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Hang in there BR and cheer for the Mizzou Tigers this weekend! I haven't heard of the college vacuum!

Hang in there BR and cheer for the Mizzou Tigers this weekend! I haven't heard of the college vacuum!
Do what? You don't remember when you were in college, and you had no clue about national/international news because you were too busy either studying or partying or both (as was the case for me). That's the quintessential college vacuum.

Of course, I was a Ph.D. student in mathematics, so national/international news was irrelevant to G?del's Incompleteness Theorem.

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
College and vacuums go together like SMU and welfare.

:wave:...are you asking about my welfare?

Do what? You don't remember when you were in college, and you had no clue about national/international news because you were too busy either studying or partying or both (as was the case for me). That's the quintessential college vacuum.

Got it! I think it must be the same as living in a bubble? I was in a vacuum while in sowal. Never read a paper unless Mr. K was in town. Vacuums can be nice every once in awhile. Reality bites.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Status
Not open for further replies.