• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
  • Across from the Donut Hole at U.S. Highway 98 and West Hewett Road.
  • It's a prototype at 77,000 square feet (typical Super Walmart is 200,000).
  • Layout is different (think Target).
  • No automotive facility, outdoor garden center, or vision center.
  • 14 aisles for checkout.
  • Has a pharmacy.
Are you looking forward to shopping there? Do you think it will hurt local businesses?

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
  • No automotive facility, outdoor garden center, or vision center.

I hope the beach canopy and shovel sections are well hidden, WAY in the back corner.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
My only question is with it being so small, will it be packed tighter than a can of sardines? To me the parking lot looks small. Will people park on the curb/shoulder/sidewalk/road? I can just picture people circling around the lot waiting for someone to leave so they can get a spot. This is just my impression. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Anyone heard what the hours will be?

The Walmart in Destin use to be open 24-7 in the summertime. I would drive late at night to get my provisions when most people were in bed.
It was quiet and customer service was at it's best. Typically an employee was so bored they'd help you find the items on your list. That's truly the only time to shop at Walmart.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I hope the beach canopy and shovel sections are well hidden, WAY in the back corner.

I saw a quote that 80% of the merchandise would be geared to tourists. I expect you'll see a ton of toys, umbrellas, chairs, tents, etc.

Might be a good time to institute a beach item recycling system.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I think I read that hours will be 7am - 11pm.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
This Walmart is considered a "supercenter" just because of a couple of things (like the pharmacy and beach stuff) but is more like the "neighborhood markets" you see in some bigger cities. It is about 40% groceries/produce and only about 4-5 short aisles of beach stuff. The hours will be from 6am to 11pm, unless the demand makes them expand those. And you must admit that the small parking lot looks alot better than one of the big ones. Looks like they spent a ton on landscaping for it.