• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I went there yesterday around 8:00 pm. It's absolutely perfect for my day to day things. I didn't buy anything, but I checked it out. It's small and won't take time to get in and out. If I forget something, it's no big deal to drive back again because it's close enough. Things like wiper blades (which I need and you ain't gonna get at Publix), oil filters, ink cartridges, light bulbs, pet food, and of course numerous food items. It's a gem of a store and exceeded my expectations. It was actually quiet and pleasant to be in. Walmart has never been a pleasant experience and I realize now it's largely due to the fact that it takes so long to get there, it takes so long to navigate because it's so big, and it takes so long to check out.

Just the fact that it has ink cartridges saves the day for me.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I went there yesterday around 8:00 pm. It's absolutely perfect for my day to day things. I didn't buy anything, but I checked it out. It's small and won't take time to get in and out. If I forget something, it's no big deal to drive back again because it's close enough. Things like wiper blades (which I need and you ain't gonna get at Publix), oil filters, ink cartridges, light bulbs, pet food, and of course numerous food items. It's a gem of a store and exceeded my expectations. It was actually quiet and pleasant to be in. Walmart has never been a pleasant experience and I realize now it's largely due to the fact that it takes so long to get there, it takes so long to navigate because it's so big, and it takes so long to check out.

You are right - part of the reason I avoid Walmart is because its just such an ordeal to get in and out.

Glad its a small one.

Bell V.

Beach Comber
May 25, 2011
I abandoned Walmart a long time ago. The lighting and the noise level make me instantly tense. I don't like their produce or their bakery goods and we don't eat a lot of packaged foods or meat -- but back when we were eating meat, Walmart's were the worst. Don't get me started on their seafood. I find the prices at Publix to be competitive with Walmart on the items I buy regularly, and I do like their BOGO specials on Hellmann's, Great Grains cereal, ice cream, peanut butter, tuna, rice, etc. so that we can stock up on staples. I like the Thai market and the Mexican markets too. Those places are CHEAP!

If you're buying a lot of packaged foods and frozen foods or if you have young children and need to get a lot done in one stop, I imagine Walmart will be a welcome addition, but I'm just glad I don't have to go in there anymore!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Sorry but if you are not getting ink and office supplies online (and most all your other every day needs) you are wasting time, money, gas, causing yourself unneeded stress, causing more pollution, risking accident ....

Not to mention having to get dressed and putting on makeup, I could go on but the point is that Walmart is a waste where a necessary forest once stood.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Sorry but if you are not getting ink and office supplies online (and most all your other every day needs) you are wasting time, money, gas, causing yourself unneeded stress, causing more pollution, risking accident ....

Not to mention having to get dressed and putting on makeup, I could go on but the point is that Walmart is a waste where a necessary forest once stood.

Yes, I agree. No telling how this building will affect the neighborhood behind it.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove

Me and Scooterbug like to shop local! Did the Wal-Mart location hold a forest within the near past? I thought it was simply stuff that grew after the real forest was mowed down years ago. I'm a fan of the cypress trees they planted there but lament more palms.