• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
13. Do not, I repeat do not flip anyone off while jogging or on a bike. You never know who they are. Your day could get real ugly. Alot of good ol boys are a little disgruntled and hope you make the mistake of giving them a reason to pull their pickup over! :eek:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Bobby J said:
13. Do not, I repeat do not flip anyone off while jogging or on a bike. You never know who they are. Your day could get real ugly. Alot of good ol boys are a little disgruntled and hope you make the mistake of giving them a reason to pull their pickup over! :eek:
I've done that one a few times, but it is usually to some girl smoking cigarettes and yapping on the cell phone while yelling at me as they nearly run me off the road. I say, "bring it on, Sista!" It has been a long time since I had to put a woopin' on a girl. :funn:sosad:come on now, you know I haven't had to do that... yet.)

Kurt, you better watch out if you keep being rude to someone -- they may spit on you. ;-) :rotfl:

laurawood

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2006
dont you know thats the truth. Beware of us country girls...............we are just as dangerous as any ol' redneck in waco.......... nowal or sowal.
so. had dinner at bogey's, below hotel defuniak. I had the oysters, served raw with red and black caviar as well as a sour cream horseradish sauce. was fabulous. oysters could have been colder, and they didnt seperate the oyster from the shell(made for too much work). as well as the wilted spinach salad which was nice as well. No wine list as of yet, selection at the bar was poor however, they stated they had more that was available. Garlic loaf bread was nice. my date had the ny strip which was perfect. Overall a spectacular experience. they have only been open 3 weeks...................... worth the drive from the beach. plus black linens are nice on a table, doesnt leave lint on a black dress!! did not ask if white linens were available for women in white. Live music friday and saturday night from 7-10 pm. Bar area looked good too, for apps & cocktails. go check it out. am sure it will only improve with time. lwp

laurawood

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2006
kurt................. learn fast??? dont you know that the pentel women are highly intellegent, as well as beautiful? The folks taught us well.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
laurawood said:
dont you know thats the truth. Beware of us country girls...............we are just as dangerous as any ol' redneck in waco.......... nowal or sowal.
so. had dinner at bogey's, below hotel defuniak. I had the oysters, served raw with red and black caviar as well as a sour cream horseradish sauce. was fabulous. oysters could have been colder, and they didnt seperate the oyster from the shell(made for too much work). as well as the wilted spinach salad which was nice as well. No wine list as of yet, selection at the bar was poor however, they stated they had more that was available. Garlic loaf bread was nice. my date had the ny strip which was perfect. Overall a spectacular experience. they have only been open 3 weeks...................... worth the drive from the beach. plus black linens are nice on a table, doesnt leave lint on a black dress!! did not ask if white linens were available for women in white. Live music friday and saturday night from 7-10 pm. Bar area looked good too, for apps & cocktails. go check it out. am sure it will only improve with time. lwp

:welcome: and take this to the Dining forum for some learnin'!!!!:clap_1: seriously, this sounds delicious and must be posted appropriately for all to see!

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
laurawood said:

sounds great, may need to take a trip up for dinner. can roll in a visit with m/m clampitt and grayton kid while i'm up there.

laurawood

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2006
will be sure to give a detailed review either this evening or tomorrow morning in the dining forum..........

Walton County should be appreciated for all its aspects both at the south end as well as the north. This is the only way to create a balanced environment in my opinion............

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Butts in a bag? :scratch: :D

Thanks for the restaurant review and :welcome:

laurawood

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2006
it is best to put your butts in a ziploc or a beer can and dispose of it upon departure of the beach. Everyone should help keep mother nature happy............ and our beaches beautiful for generations yet to come. Please come check out bogeys........... Defunk, the lakeyard district especially, is beautiful and needs our support. Please keep an eye out for especially talented musical postings in this area soon. lwp