• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
That is totallty ridiculous but not surprising at all. And you can bet that those idiots from DFS will pay more attention to that area of road than to the bank in Grayton if it were getting robbed. And before anyone starts with the "they are doing they're job" bs, don't bother. If you are a local and not in total denial, you are aware of how bad we get the shaft in every area from this county.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
It may be like the Dukes of Hazzard where Rosco erects his own speedlimit signs just to write up the Duke Boys.

I may have to run over that sign or steal it. :shock: Did I type that outloud?

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
Smiling JOe said:
It may be like the Dukes of Hazzard where Rosco erects his own speedlimit signs just to write up the Duke Boys.

I'm with you brother

John

Beach Fanatic
Dec 3, 2005
SoWal
While I'm all for traffic calming, 15mph seems too low. 25mph would be more appropriate. Yesterday, at 25mph in said zone, I had some angry, impatient motorists at my rear bumper.

Who makes these decisions on speed limits? Didn't the recent traffic survey, which was done at considerable expense, recommend nothing less than 25mph for 30-A?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
John said:
While I'm all for traffic calming, 15mph seems too low. 25mph would be more appropriate. Yesterday, at 25mph in said zone, I had some angry, impatient motorists at my rear bumper.

Who makes these decisions on speed limits? Didn't the recent traffic survey, which was done at considerable expense, recommend nothing less than 25mph for 30-A?
I thought the DOT was the group who set speed limits, but that may not be the case on county roads.:dunno:

I am beginning to think that they left the l_ off of the 4. Nothing a little black electrical tape and 40 seconds worth of graphics cannot cure, but I would hate to cause a crash by changing it to 45.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Smiling JOe said:

:shock: :nono1:

If you do, please don't do it between 9 p.m. & 7 a.m. I would like for you to meet Mr. ShallowsNole, but not that way... :rotfl:

Still...I cannot imagine 15 mph for that stretch. Neither can Mr. SN, who has been off for several nights and gave me a :blink: look when I told him about the new speed limit last night.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
:dunno: Granted 15 mph does seem a little slow since Seaside and Rosemary Beach and Watercolor are 25 mph. But those scooters go faster than 15 mph. They go around 35 to 40 as we rent them for 4 hours and ride them around PC Beach. We go as fast as they will go, we never slow other cars down. Those so-called moron scooter riders as you refer to them JB have to obey traffic rules also. And if someone is going slow in front of them they have to go slow also. Tourists bring big dollars to all the panhandle area during the spring and summer months. And of course, bicycling is not limited to tourists, I am sure there are alot of residents who bicycle around. I recall reading complaints about cyclists on this forum also. From what I understand on 30A the cyclists have to watch out for residents just backing on out of their driveways right into them. They do not stop and wait for cyclists to go past. I would hope some people would be courteous enough to wait!

Seasider

Beach Lover
Nov 27, 2004
The speed limit signs are very unobtrusive. You really have to look for them. They should at least have signs warning of an uncoming speed zone. Or at least "Congested Area Ahead". If you are not on the lookout for the signs, you will probably miss them like I did the first few times. If I did not know about them from this site, I probably would still be unaware of them.