• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DCollins

Beach Lover
Dec 1, 2010
Georgia
We are heading down Friday for the long weekend and we need some place to go watch our Falcons play Sunday afternoon in the NFC Championship game. Thought about some places like Johnny McTighes, Hurricane, and Local Catch...anywhere having some good deals on Sunday afternoon at 3 pm?! Fill me in!

See y'all Friday!

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Local Catch has a great music lineup this weekend! Wes Heath starts at 3 then the Forrest Williams' Band plays afterwards at 7! I'll be there for sure!

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Shades on the Loop at the East end is a great sports bar if that's not too far for you.

DCollins

Beach Lover
Dec 1, 2010
Georgia
Yeah I've been to shades a lot, just wanted somewhere with great food also and fresh food, shades makes me think of frozen fried foods or something, I could be wrong!

We like to watch games at the bar at Borago. But Borago won't be open then. Typically we watch games at home (or wherever we were staying when we were in-between homes) and pick up take-out.

On Sunday I'll be in South Walton with my dog (hubby has to stay in GA to work). I'll pick up takeout from the restaurant of my choice for the game. If you don't want bar food, that's the way to do it if you don't want to cook. That is, unless you prefer cheering in a group. JK. LOL.

Go Falcons! Daddy bought four season tickets from day 1 of the Falcons being Atlanta's team. We went to every home game after church. I'm not a pro football fan, but if many generations of your family were born and raised in Atlanta as is the case for my family, you kinda have to hope that the Falcons will win.

FL Dawg

Beach Fanatic
Sep 12, 2006
Hurricanes has plenty of TV's and happy hour starts at 3:00. $1 drafts (bud light, amberbock, rolling rock), $5 happy hour appetizers and $6 dozen raw oysters.

Actually Daddy and Dr. Harper (yes, the father of a doc south of ATL) bought a row of 8 seats right over an entrance. Perfect because no one was in front of us and we had a great place to put our food. My sis and brother were little tykes then. Sis knocked over a Coke onto the entrance and the liquid hit a woman in a fur coat below. Oops! All was good. Daddy paid to have the woman's coat cleaned.

Riding down the train of Falcon game memories ...

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Yeah I've been to shades a lot, just wanted somewhere with great food also and fresh food, shades makes me think of frozen fried foods or something, I could be wrong!

I haven't been to Shades lately but I have always had excellent food there when I have gone. The wings are particularly good--I understand they may be affiliated with Taco Mac in Atlanta somehow but I don't know the exact nature of the relationship.