• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Krista

Beach Crab
Nov 2, 2007
cincinnati ohio
Hi! several years ago I visited this beautiful area of our country, stayed in Carillon Village, Panama City Beach...I drove along the beaches nearby, each more enchanting than the next, all so incredible. Grayton Beach really caught my attention. I want to go back, and plan an amazing vacation for my family, this coming spring break 2008. when we go on vacation, the main goal is to decompress, to pack a small bag with the basics, swim gear, teeshirts and shorts---casual, relaxation, all the way. I am looking for a cottage/condo etc..that would sleep 6 very close to beach access. Is there anyone out there that can help a girl from Cincinnati? thanks much, Krista :cool:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
It sounds like Krista isn't very familiar with our area so you guys are probably confusing Krista, since your homes are not in Grayton Beach, where Krista states she wants to be.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
I bet Krista is a good map reader though. :D Seacrest is right down the road just a hop, skip and a jump from Grayton, Krista, maybe 3 or 4 miles. She also said she wanted real close beach access. :cool: Don't you have to walk a ways to get on to Grayton Beach? :dunno:Isn't that where the local cars ride on to the beach because it's such a walk? IJS...I'd be :D to help out a gull from Cincinnati. :wave:

Last edited:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Krista,

I would go and look on the vacation rentals on SOWAL. http://www.sowal.com/rentals.html

Also you could go to here.

SeacrestKristi, I also have rentals on your end of 30-A, and would love to get a renter, but it does seem to me that she wants Grayton and our end of 30-A is certainly no where close.....

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
What IBD said. I will add that the beach is right there at Grayton. Many rental homes are a short walk away. You are right about the locals wanting to ride to the water at Grayton, but that particular access has a lot of beach between it and the Gulf. That is also a draw for some people, as is the calmer outflow at Western Lake. The other end of Grayton has a much shorter length of beach between the homes and the Gulf.

Maybe Krista would be fine with Seacrest Beach, but she past right by it saying that it got better the farther she went towards Grayton.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Thanks for all the info IBD, SJ. I guess I need to check out the area a little better myself. Wasn't trying to confuse or con anyone just trying to be friendly. Thanks for all your input. :wave: I happen to :love: Seacrest as does my family. To say it is no where close to Grayton, IBD, I had no idea the area differed so greatly. :dunno:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Seacrest is verrrry different than Grayton. Night and day. Before we moved here, we favored Grayton over any other area. I think many returning vacationers favor one area of 30A and return to that area year after year.