• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
I am aware of that. I'm just curious why JOE isn't using this lead generating medium?
Now that is a good question. Ran into a friend of mine over lunch whose has a friend working for a management company and they are reporting a tremendous amount of rental activity bookings for the season, so it clearly is not a lack of demand.

Last edited by a moderator:

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
I assure you very few rentals on 30-a have 80% of there spring and summer rentals booked. go and ramdom pull up 10-20 rentals on 30-a. if they have 6-8 weeks total they're doing good

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I assure you very few rentals on 30-a have 80% of there spring and summer rentals booked. go and ramdom pull up 10-20 rentals on 30-a. if they have 6-8 weeks total they're doing good
your Right!!
It's early. I have 4 1/2 weeks booked tons of
Looks ..,,but people still thinking :Vrbo:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It may have changed, but I remember VRBO resulting in a lot of, ahem, "bargain hunters". One woman kept insisting that she had never paid bed tax and felt that it was illegal for us to charge her.

Of course there's the time honored, "All the kids are very well behaved, I'll be staying somewhere else, can I get a discount? They're just students..."

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
It may have changed, but I remember VRBO resulting in a lot of, ahem, "bargain hunters". One woman kept insisting that she had never paid bed tax and felt that it was illegal for us to charge her.

Of course there's the time honored, "All the kids are very well behaved, I'll be staying somewhere else, can I get a discount? They're just students..."

JOE sent out an email last week advertising 35 percent off for spring break rentals. Kinda tells you what a great job they are doing. If you search homes available to rent in Watersound Beach, of which they don't seem to have many to rent, it appears that most of these houses remain available for most of spring break at this point.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
JOE sent out an email last week advertising 35 percent off for spring break rentals. Kinda tells you what a great job they are doing. If you search homes available to rent in Watersound Beach, of which they don't seem to have many to rent, it appears that most of these houses remain available for most of spring break at this point.

I honestly feel that Watersound isn't really on the radar of most families on spring break. Spring break tends to be a very social event and I doubt mom and dad want to drive the kids to Seaside or Rosemary Beach everyday. Lets face it Seaside is the epicenter and, unlike an earthquake, everyone wants to be standing in it or as closely to it as possible.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I had one on vrbo didn't want to pay 49,00 for property insurance. So I said ok. 500 refundable deposit no problem. Nope she said no one charged 500 she only pays 250. Needless to say she moved on.

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
I honestly feel that Watersound isn't really on the radar of most families on spring break. Spring break tends to be a very social event and I doubt mom and dad want to drive the kids to Seaside or Rosemary Beach everyday. Lets face it Seaside is the epicenter and, unlike an earthquake, everyone wants to be standing in it or as closely to it as possible.

Our friends who rent their home for 20 weeks a year in Watersound Beach through another rental agency were fully booked for their entire 20 weeks, beginning on March 8th, three weeks ago. Our next door neighbors whom rent through vrbo have been fully leased for the entire season at $8,000 a week since mid January. Neither one had to offer discounts.

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
As an indication of how JOE's rental program is going, I am getting daily emails advertising 30% off of spring break rentals from JOE. Our friends that rent through them do not have a single spring break week rented for the entire season.