• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
This rumor has been picking up steam and credibility. Can anyone clue me in on why they would want to buy more property if they are having a hard time selling what they have now? Are they just being smart and buying in a down market?

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
I heard they bought the Welcome Center and were negotiating for the remaining lots. This puts them at the gateway to the new Airport! Pretty good positioning, I'd say! I hope this is all finalized soon. It will give Wild Heron a big spark and hopefully, my listing on Marsh Rabbit will be an even more attractive buy!

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
I heard that Camp Creek members would also then be members at Sharks Tooth and vice versa. Don't know if this is true or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
The land that the Wild Heron welcome center was built on has always been owned by St. Joe and leased by Wild Heron. A few years ago, St. Joe bought the Wild Heron welcome center building.

I don't know about the golf course, but with the struggles St. Joe is currently experiencing, it doesn't seem likely that they would buy Shark's Tooth. St. Joe has its hand full with its own development and the development of the new golf course north of 98 in Watersound North.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
This rumor has been picking up steam and credibility. Can anyone clue me in on why they would want to buy more property if they are having a hard time selling what they have now? Are they just being smart and buying in a down market?

It's cheaper for them to buy the completed amenities they promised in sales brochures than to build new ones.

RB

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I received a letter yesterday from Sharks Tooth stating that the contrary to recent rumors the Club has not been sold.

Julie Dorney

Beach Comber
Jul 5, 2006
We own land in Wild Heron and when I heard this rumor weeks ago, I contacted St. Joe directly. The answer at that time was that they were not buying vacant lots, only taking over the Welcome Center, which was previously leased to Wild Heron. I wish they would buy our lot...the market is completely dead there, but it is such a beautiful place. :dunno:

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
For only the second time, I think, I agree with Shelly. However, I think the deal is dead for now. They wouldn't be buying it for the lots but for the amenity and location which pretty much abuts property they already own.