• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:wave:

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
i didn't even know there was one down there :blink:

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
I was wondering how long that would take...

My sister worked for SB in this area for several years and that store... well... to put it lightly, I'll call it a "loss leader". Their hours were awful. They closed early in the evening. Hardly anyone knew they were there (I'll blame lack of signage for that one). They should have bit the dust when Cold Stone did, but it seems Intrawest kept them afloat until now, perhaps thinking something would change. Although, I still think that if they just moved it over into the more bustling part of the Grand, they may do better. Who needs three SB's in a one mile radius though?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I was wondering how long that would take...

My sister worked for SB in this area for several years and that store... well... to put it lightly, I'll call it a "loss leader". Their hours were awful. They closed early in the evening. Hardly anyone knew they were there (I'll blame lack of signage for that one). They should have bit the dust when Cold Stone did, but it seems Intrawest kept them afloat until now, perhaps thinking something would change. Although, I still think that if they just moved it over into the more bustling part of the Grand, they may do better. Who needs three SB's in a one mile radius though?

Yeah! You and Lewis Black both figured that out...now it seems the SB brains have caught up!

Wine World

Beach Comber
Jul 25, 2008
Wine World is taking over this location and turning it into a wine bar. We are still working on the fine details but we will have a large selection of cheese, gourmet foods, Enomatic wine systems and also serving lunch (maybe dinner). The walls are going to be removed so you can shop while you have a glass of wine.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I think only the corporate-owned stores which were closing, were on that list of closings, and I think that store in Grand Blvd is owned by the same ppl who own the Baytowne SB.