• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
I enjoy reading the monthly Walton county updates posted here regarding the real estate market. Is there an ongoing thread discussing the "Health of the Market"? thx, Red

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
If you look at latest report there are some numbers that declined compared to same month last year. It will be interesting to see if it is a trend. Rare to see numbers go down in Summer. Saw a report yesterday about southern california market down a bit and they said that area is usually an early indicator for the rest of the country. Although SoWal is unique and not like most of the country.

There sure is a lot of building going on. I foresee a continuing need for housing for new families and infrastructure. As well as more and more commercial needed. New subdivisions and condos are selling out. Look for chains and big projects on 98 coming.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
I just remember before the "unpleasantness" of 2005, there were several threads from real estate and builder folks who, and while they didn't predict trouble, they were at least discussing "local stuff".

I personally don't think SoWal is that unique and then some were espousing "slowdown not possible and recession-proof", but there were builders and agents who at least recognized the slowdown and changes in their week to week activity.

I guess I'm trying to restart those "real" discussions.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
No, not necessarily. I’m just interested in the current selling environment in somewhat real time.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
No, not necessarily. I’m just interested in the current selling environment in somewhat real time.
Gotcha - I'm not a realtor just a bystander - things have been red hot for a few years and I don't see it slowing down. Inventory is down a bit but often in the summer people are focused on vacations and a lot of available inventory are booked rentals so not unusual to see a summer pause.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Alys Beach is crazy busy - it is growing like Rosemary Beach and WaterColor did - construction everywhere. Building Lots in high demand. Several large projects are selling out.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Spoiler Alert....Buyer Beware....if you don't have Gulf beach in your NEW back yard there may not be a place for you to sit in the dry sand in SOWAL..BCC is killing the golden goose....

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
My agent has told me that "it's been slow."
Please search Customary Use chatter on this forum....also be aware of local (PCB) TV coverage of Walton Beaches....not sure what "its been slow" means? All started July 1, 2018.......