Status of Walton Country Comprehensive Plan Amendments

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by kevin, Apr 27, 2005.

1. kevin

kevin Beach Crab

Does Anyone Know the Status of Walton Country Comprehensive Plan Amendments?

As an owner on 2 acres of vacant land in SRB, with about half of that jurisdictional wetland, I am interested in the status of the proposed amendment to the Comprehensive Plan involving Wetland Protection. Based on what I picked up from http://www.southwaltoncc.org/updates.html , it appears the country had 60 days from Feb 4th to respond to DCA and DEP objections. I know from the weekly event calendar that there were some recent BCC meetings (April 18th and 25th to discuss some amendments, but I didn?t see any minutes to those meetings, so I?m not sure they were even discussing what I was interested in.

Since I am not local to this area (I live in the Northeast), I don?t have access to newspaper articles that address the status, and there doesn?t appear to be any info I can find on the internet about the status, I was wondering if someone on this board would know about the status. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Background info about the change I am specifically interested in: Information for the draft proposed amendment to the Comprehensive Plan, specifically Objective C-3.3: Protection of Wetlands, which I obtained from the BCC website (http://www.co.walton.fl.us ) indicates that with clustering and preservation of the wetland,, the buildable density is either the full amount represented in the FLUM (in my case CR -2units/1acre), or half that if environmentally significant wetlands are involved. The current Comprehensive Code doesn?t get into as much detail (objective L.1.10), but the Land Development Code (4.01.03.C) as it currently exists, applies either a 1unit/10acre density if wetland is disturbed in any way, or 1u/1a if not disturbed to the wetland and upland buffer zones.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  2. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Hi Kevin :welcome:

Sorry for the delay. I forwarded your request on to some folks that I thought could help answer your question.

All I know at this point is that the issue is still awaiting a response from the Florida District for Community Affairs, which must approve changes. At this point Walton County is proceeding with their current guidelines.

3. kevin

kevin Beach Crab

Thanks, kurt