• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scubamal86

Beach Comber
Jan 4, 2010
Blue Mountain Beach
Hello, neighbors!

I have been here about two months and LOVE my new home!
Everyone is so nice, but I am having some difficulty making real connections for new friends. I work a lot and late night is often my only chance to get out. But, when I have a day off, I want to get out too. Part of my difficulty is being a female and not putting out the wrong impression by going out alone.
Suggestions???
I would love t enjoy my new life with some great friends!

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
:welcome: Don't let being alone, or by yourself, stop you from going out in South Walton. There are a zillion places to go where it is very normal for singles to be out and about from the beach, to restaurants/bars/shopping/special events to church. With everyone's busy schedules these days, if they waited for a companion, date, friend or spouse to show up to go out, they'd be hermits.

beasmiester

Beach Lover
Sep 1, 2009
Hello, neighbors!

I have been here about two months and LOVE my new home!
Everyone is so nice, but I am having some difficulty making real connections for new friends. I work a lot and late night is often my only chance to get out. But, when I have a day off, I want to get out too. Part of my difficulty is being a female and not putting out the wrong impression by going out alone.
Suggestions???
I would love t enjoy my new life with some great friends!
Don't know where on 30A you're located but the east end of 30A not only has Amavida in Rosemary, there's Wild Olive, Summer's Kitchen, Cowgirls Kitchen and of course my favorite "Seacrest Sundries." Seacrest Sundries has a lounge are specifically for sitting and reading, checking your email or just relaxing and chatting with locals and visitors. Come on by and my wife Beje and I will be glad to introduce you.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
:welcome: Don't let being alone, or by yourself, stop you from going out in South Walton. There are a zillion places to go where it is very normal for singles to be out and about from the beach, to restaurants/bars/shopping/special events to church. With everyone's busy schedules these days, if they waited for a companion, date, friend or spouse to show up to go out, they'd be hermits.

I agree with this!

Scubamal, just jump in with both feet, get out there and introduce yourself! The majority of people around here are really happy, friendly folks... but they may not want to impose so just initiate a conversation about anything like: do you live here full time? how's the beach today? etc.