• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
In the boardroom where the BCC meets.

Obviously it was in the courtroom. The Board Room (aka Judge's Chambers, when the judge comes down, also the room where most constitutional officers take their employees to write them up or threaten them with termination) is a smaller room to the right in the "foyer" going into the Courtroom. Nitpicking, I know.

It was interesting last night, but it appeared that it was more of a "this is what we are going to do, we're here to gather public opinion because we have to, but we are going to do what we want to do anyway" meeting. That being said, Chance Powell and Jay Tusa are generally very easy people to work with but IMHO it's done and their hands are tied.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Obviously it was in the courtroom. The Board Room (aka Judge's Chambers, when the judge comes down, also the room where most constitutional officers take their employees to write them up or threaten them with termination) is a smaller room to the right in the "foyer" going into the Courtroom. Nitpicking, I know.

It was interesting last night, but it appeared that it was more of a "this is what we are going to do, we're here to gather public opinion because we have to, but we are going to do what we want to do anyway" meeting. That being said, Chance Powell and Jay Tusa are generally very easy people to work with but IMHO it's done and their hands are tied.

I didn't mean to misdirect you on the boardroom ShallowsNole. For what it is worth, your assessment sound right on.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I didn't mean to misdirect you on the boardroom ShallowsNole. For what it is worth, your assessment sound right on.
No offense taken; I am just a smartass and somewhat cynical when it comes to things dealing with certain county offices because I worked there for a very long time. Nothing surprises me anymore. :)

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
The purchase was voted down by the BCC. I suspect it may come around again after a bit of back door wrangling. It would be useful for the new access and for Stinky's use after hours if the neighbors can be appeased.