• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

liz0305

Beach Crab
May 14, 2007
We have been coming to 30-a for 30 years and have never had any problem. We bring our own beach chairs. We do not leave them on the beach but prop them against the stairway going down to the beach. Last night they were stolen. It is sad that in this day and age everything must be locked up.:sosad::sosad:

Bellasmomma33

Beach Lover
Jun 3, 2011
They usually clear the beaches every night of anything left behind. There is a dumpster off HWY 83 where they bring all of the beach chairs. Sadly, lots of people buy beach chairs and just leave them behind with all their other trash and the county has to pick up after them. Unfortunately for you the clean-up crew can't differentiate between what's trash and what's not. Best rule of thumb is to bring your chairs back to your house/condo rental for safe keeping:)

liz0305

Beach Crab
May 14, 2007
Not at a public access but at Beachcrest Condos. We have been leaving them under the steps leading down to the beach for years and it was never a problem. Funny thing is that one was left. Probably just some kids. One good thing it did not ruin our day at the beach........what a beautiful day!!!

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
im sorry for your lose but what if the thousands of tourists all left there chairs there. its would look like a south korean beach.or if you can leave your chairs why can't i leave my tent up on the beach

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The prevailing rule is if you leave them under a walkover, they will not be bothered by county pick-up. The best thing to do as stated earlier is to take them up to the condo.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Rule is, or used to be, don't know if it has changed, that you could leave stuff under a private walkover, but not a public one. Beachcrest is a private walkover, but I think this rule only leads to confusion. Someone using a public walkover sees someone leaving stuff under a private walkover and thinks leaving stuff is okay. Really, everything just needs to come off the beach at night.

liz0305

Beach Crab
May 14, 2007
Just trying to make it easy........Alot of times it is just me and my 75 year old mother and it is alot easier just to leave them under the steps than to bring them up every day.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It does apply only to Private walkovers as I understand it. A little common sense has to be used as well. IMO, that would include NOT leaving anything at a public access.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I don't understand why picking up after yourself every day is so difficult.

My beach always has at least one item that has been blown or washed in from somewhere else in addition to items we are not sure are abandoned or just left by people too lazy to carry them.

And if you are elderly or infirm, I and many others would be happy to carry a chair or bag up the stairs for you.