• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I've never read the book, but are you all saying you've never heard of Elmer Gantry?:dunno:

...I'd go out on a limb here and say that many more of them have heard of Lambchop.

lambchop.jpg

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I don't understand how it's okay for Code Enforcement to pick up signs w/ known owners (and often in front of local businesses), but for some reason we can't enforce the "no items left on the beach overnight" ordinance for fear of legal reprisals. :dunno:

While it's nice that they are getting rid of some eyesores, I would rather we focused on the beaches.

Because one is a bit clearly to define than the other. Even those signs with known owners are on the public ROW. As I keep saying, it is going to come down to defining public vs private. Raise taxes and seize the land and convert it to public after compensating the owners and the problem is solved.

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
I don't understand how it's okay for Code Enforcement to pick up signs w/ known owners (and often in front of local businesses), but for some reason we can't enforce the "no items left on the beach overnight" ordinance for fear of legal reprisals. :dunno:

quote]

I second that .... if both acts are against the rules, why the difference in willingness to enforce the rules?