• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BFinBR

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
The Lake Place was our favorite restaurant on 30A, so we're looking for a replacement (for this year, anyway, knock on wood!). Any suggestions for something comparable?

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Hmmm. I really can't think of any place that is comparible. Cafe Tango is getting some great reports of late. As far a a similar atmosphere, the closest I can think of would be Basmati, but the menu is decidedly different.

goin' coastal

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
Basmati's is our favorite for the area. Sorry, I never had the opportunity to enjoy the Lake Place. We also like Smiling Fish cafe, only open on Tues. night.
The Santa Rosa Country Club is open to the public. I am not sure a lot of people are aware. A beautiful view of the ocean while dining. Food is good, but not excellent.

BFinBR

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Thanks for the responses. We're going to try Tango; we were never able to before because we didn't make reservations soon enough.

If you feel like making the trip to Destin, Chef Jim Richard and Chef Brannon are both at Harbour Grille (in the old Harry T's location on the Destin harbor). It is a drive, and the atmosphere is completely different; but the food is just as wonderful with similar menu items as the Lake Place. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and has live music (Donnie Sundal was playing when we were there) and has great views of the harbor. Like I said, it is a completely different atmosphere, but it is Jim Richard's food.

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
steeleing1 said:
If you feel like making the trip to Destin, Chef Jim Richard and Chef Brannon are both at Harbour Grille (in the old Harry T's location on the Destin harbor). It is a drive, and the atmosphere is completely different; but the food is just as wonderful with similar menu items as the Lake Place. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and has live music (Donnie Sundal was playing when we were there) and has great views of the harbor. Like I said, it is a completely different atmosphere, but it is Jim Richard's food.
You're so smart! :love:

BFinBR

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
We're familiar with the Terrace, it's good but not like the Lake Place. We'll see about the old Harbor Docks; it's just awfully far away. Again, thanks for the responses.