• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
11951770_1176626399030754_3058893942554269278_n.jpg

Summer Kitchen closed its doors on Sept. 6 for good as new owners of the property in Rosemary Beach will begin construction soon.

From the Facebook page of Summer Kitchen:
We have known that this day would come, but it is with extreme sadness that we announce that after 16 years, the temporary location for The Summer Kitchen Café in Rosemary Beach is coming to an end. We will officially close our doors on September 6 as the new owners will close on our lots the first of October and plan to begin construction shortly after that. Stay tuned for updates on our new location in the South Walton community in 2016.

It has been an amazing journey to be a part of the history of Rosemary Beach since the early days. After opening our doors in 1999, we have had the honor of not only watching the town grow, but also watching many of your children grow and transform from toddlers to young adults. It has been very special to witness. While the architecture of Rosemary Beach is what the world attributes as its most stunning feature, we know that it is the heart of the people who make up this town that is truly spectacular. We will never forget the way you rallied and supported our sister, Patti Warsheski, as she battled and ultimately lost her life to cancer. Nor will we forget the endless conversations over coffee and wine, the laughter, the friendships.

Though the original Summer Kitchen Café is going away, we are not. Knowing that this was imminent, we purchased the former Pensione building, now The Rosemary Beach Inn earlier this year and have opened the SK Squared in the first floor . We look forward to creating the same, community atmosphere as SK2 matures into its permanent role in the town.

Thank you to all who have walked through our doors over the years, we sincerely appreciate your patronage. Our memories are too numerous to mention though our 3 year old son Aidan (now 15), opening the front door to the restaurant as he sees Jim DelMauro approaching – “good morning Jim, come in – have coffee” is a favorite one! We would ask a favor. Please share your favorite Summer Kitchen memories on our facebook page and tell us your favorite dishes too!

So this isn’t goodbye, just a see you later. Much like when your kids go off to college – you know you will see them again, but it will never quite be the same.

SK2 Cafe at Rosemary Beach Inn

James and Miram Dillon (owners) are new owners of Rosemary Beach Inn where they have a cafe: SK2 Cafe open for lunch and dinner. Some of the Summer Kitchen menu items can be found here, and nightly specials are very special. So, Chef James is still creating culinary magic just down the road on the south side of Rosemary Beach in the old Pensione location.

11742780_885685461479826_1150266766070772016_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Is this summer kitchen building?

Public Notice: Move of Physical Building Move from Rosemary Beach to Inlet Beach
Public Notice: Move of Physical Building Move from Rosemary Beach to Inlet Beach

Ducky Johnson house movers will be moving a building from Rosemary Beach to CR 283 (Bay Drive) on September 30, 2015.

This move will occur on the 12 mile stretch of US 98 between CR 30-A in Inlet Beach and Bay Drive between the hours of 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm.

Motorists should expect delays in the west bound direction.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Hi Miriam: I don't know if you're still a realtor, but you helped me find our wonderful cottage at the Cottages at Camp Creek. You spend so much time with me introducing me to 30A. I was looking at places in Destin because that's all I knew about the area, and you kept saying "you belong on 30A". You took me to breakfast and lunch on 30A and we found this wonderful cottage. You were 100% correct that we belonged on 30A. It has been about 12 years that we've had our cottage on 30A (and we bought the one next door) and will be forever grateful to you for convincing us to buy on 30A (Rhonda recommended you to us because she wasn't yet licensed to do real estate in Florida). We have made such wonderful memories with the family and we are getting close to spending winters at the cottage. We've enjoyed Summer Kitchen Cafe and are looking forward to trying out your new place in December when we'll be back. Congratulations on your new adventure! Best Regards, Paula

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Yes, Miriam was recommended to me by my friend Rhonda in Michigan. That was my lucky day. We truly have made so many amazing memories on this little heaven on earth and are looking forward to making many many more for at least a few more generations. Kids were 8 and 10 when we bought our cottage; now they're 21 and 23. All those years of memories, from looking for ghost crabs and ice cream to paddle boarding and happy hours (and still ghost crabs and ice cream). Lucky us. I miss hanging around with the wonderful SoWallers from the early days, but will get back to it...