• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

deasnealy

Beach Lover
Oct 21, 2010
I noticed one of these has hit the market with an asking price of 450k. It appears there has been a comp in that range. I know most of these hit the market after foreclosure in 2013 for around 315k. Nice profit potential for the seller.

I have seen a number of similar townhome projects in the area with the flat roof. One was unfinished for a long period of time in Blue Mountain. Does anyone know who built them and is the construction quality up to par? I like the basic look of the units but I am very concerned they may be built shoddy and wonder if they have problems with the flat roof terraces leaking?

Thanks in advance

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Flat roof = problems

Keep looking is my best advice. Especially since most of those sat empty and partially finished after the boom. I believe the bank actually extended loans just to get them weathered in, but I'd still be leery of those.

Originally built by fly-by-night contractors from Tennessee.

deasnealy

Beach Lover
Oct 21, 2010
Thanks. I have always said flat roof is a no no and I assume it still holds true. Particularly, one that gets walked upon.