• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I am curious about the SunPass tags. Where do you get these?

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
http://www.sunpass.com/

i'm not sure i'd get one if you're not going to be crossing the bridge on a regular basis, at least until the 331 bridge becomes a tollway.

these are currently where sunpass works:

* Turnpike Mainline
* Homestead Extension (Miami-Dade)
* Sawgrass Expressway (Broward)
* Alligator Alley (Broward/Collier)
* Seminole Expressway (Orlando)
* Southern Connector Extension (Orlando)
* Suncoast Parkway (Tampa)
* Veterans Expressway (Tampa)
* LeeRoy Selmon Crosstown Expressway (Tampa)
* Polk Parkway (Lakeland)

In Miami-Dade, SunPass works on the following MDX roads:

* SR 112 - Airport Expressway
* SR 836 - Dolphin Expressway
* SR 874 - Don Shula Expressway
* SR 924 - Gratigny Parkway

In the Orlando area SunPass works on E-Pass and O-Pass roads.

SunPass also works on the following bridges:

* Sunshine Skyway (St. Petersburg)
* Pinellas Bayway (St. Petersburg)
* Mid-Bay Bridge (Niceville)
* Garcon Point Bridge (Milton)

In the Fort Myers area SunPass works on all three LeeWay bridges:

* Midpoint Memorial Toll Bridge
* Cape Coral Toll Bridge
* Sanibel Causeway Toll Bridge

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The 331 bridge is going to become a toll bridge? I guess I've been in a cave, but this is the first I've heard of this. I question the legality of the existance of a toll bridge on a US highway.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Thanks. I tend to use the Mid-bay bridge at least two times a week when down there to get to the airport. I am always fumbling around finding cash when I should be paying attention to the traffic (or admiring the view of the bay!). Looks like you can get the transponders at CVS and Publix. That's convenient.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Sueshore said:
Thanks. I tend to use the Mid-bay bridge at least two times a week when down there to get to the airport. I am always fumbling around finding cash when I should be paying attention to the traffic (or admiring the view of the bay!). Looks like you can get the transponders at CVS and Publix. That's convenient.

We got ours at CVS. After you purchase the transponder, you just need to call a number to get it set up with your car. It costs a bit of money up front for the transponder, but the rates are a little cheaper on the Mid-bay bridge when you use it.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Sueshore said:
I am curious about the SunPass tags. Where do you get these?
Get them at Publix at the customer service counter after your lotto/cigarette purchases. You may manage your account online to alter how you replenish your account.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
There is a little building right beside the Mid Bay Bridge Toll Booth to the west. Go in there and you can get the SunPass box. Then they will send you a coupon book in the mail where you can send in money when needed.

When you pass through the SunPass booth, if your account is low, the proceed on sign will tell you.

The money you send into the account never expires, plus you get a discounted rate going over the bridge.

I believe the toll on the Midway Bridge is $2.50 normal, but with SunPass you only depleat $1.50 out of your account.

ALSO, there is a SunPass tolder with suction cups that you can purchase from a gas station at the end of the Road from the bridge in Niceville. It is nice because you don't have to use the sticky strips to affix it to your windshield, plus you can put it up and remove it when needed.

scrltbegonya

Beach Fanatic
Dec 14, 2005
SRB
I ordered one online and had it mailed. Easy.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
We're on the Mid Bay Bridge several time a week, and the transponders are worth every penny. It's not just saving a buck on every crossing, but also getting to blow right past a couple dozen cars stuck in the toll lanes.

The 331 bridge going to toll rumor has been circulating for a while now. They've simply got to raise the causeway because of hurricane overwash concerns, and considering how there's never enough tax money to cover road projects in this state, I wouldn't be surprised to see the bridge go toll to pay for the needed upgrades.