• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jules

Beach Crab
Jul 3, 2005
I am bringing my family down to the area for the first time on July 22 and plan to spend a week at Seacrest Beach. Since I have not been to the area before, can anyone provide insight as to condition of the area we will be staying in? We are looking forward to coming, however with a 20 hr drive, it would be helpful to set my kids' expectations appropriately. Any suggestions on best way to access the beach? Thanks in advance,

lollygal

Beach Fanatic
We own a home in Sunset Beach. I went down on Tuesday and checked it out. To be honest, if you didn't see the beach access, you would never know there had been a major storm. Of course, I couldn't get close and see the dunes which I have seen from Inlet Beach. The association management is sitting on go to get our beachwalk up and running asap. If it is not available, the pool is open (great Gulf views) and Inlet Beach access is a walk-out. It is not far down the road from Sunset Beach. Hope this helps.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
jules said:
I am bringing my family down to the area for the first time on July 22 and plan to spend a week at Seacrest Beach. Since I have not been to the area before, can anyone provide insight as to condition of the area we will be staying in? We are looking forward to coming, however with a 20 hr drive, it would be helpful to set my kids' expectations appropriately. Any suggestions on best way to access the beach? Thanks in advance,

As someone said, if you don't look in the direction of the dunes from the beach, you'd never know anything happened. Today the association said the steps will be built in about 2 weeks so you probably won't be able to access from Sunset Beach. Rosemary Beach opened the western green steps today (at the end of main street) That's gonna be your closest access which is not far at all unless you're dragging tents and stuff. I'm not sure if the Seacrest beach tram is working but I know they got kicked out of rosemary a week or 2 ago because Rosemary doesnt allow any golf carts except their own so you'll probably have to hoof it.

Also, all shops are open, even the new kiosks at the Village and the Thursday night movie under the stars is happening in RB. Pool is open and great as ever. You should have a great time! :welcome: