• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Has anyone been over to the sunset point subdivision? What's the access road? How low is this land?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
It is considered remote at this point. If they ever put a bridge across the intracoastal that could change. It is nice property but as of now you have to travel about 20 miles down a dirt road to get there.

The round trip from Grayton is about 2 hours.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The round trip from Grayton is about 45 minutes to an hour.

If you are referring to the property to the north of the intercoastal and to the east of the Bay, It takes 45 minutes one-way for me. St Joe will probably be building a bridge over the intercoastal at some point in the future, but it will be a little further east than Pt Washington.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Last I heard on the bridge was that it would be at WaterSound North and would not even connect to Steelfield Road. Seems a little strange, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is an expressway to the airport with just a couple of exits, like on 79.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Thank you. That area ia a contrarian buy right now!

It is a "buy" if you are looking for a remote area near the water. It is a "no-go" if you are looking for a deal, or looking for a place "close" to South Walton.

Today

Beach Comber
Feb 6, 2005
:D I have owned a lot on the bay at sunset point for a number of years. I can't believe how it has increased in value over the last few years. Some jerk sent me a contract to sign agreeing to sell my property to him for 35K. St. Joe's has almost 700 acres boardering sunset point that they list as being under evaluation.

You may want to check out Mustang Island in Texas. It looks like that area is ready to boom and reminds me of the Florida panhandle a few years ago. Good luck on your real estate buying!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The Padre Island area of Texas is very interesting to me and some of it looks great. It just seems so far from everything - except Mexico and the major Texas markets.

Maybe there's enough people and money in Texas alone for it to take off. It's 5 hours south of Houston.

Is it popular with folks from Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, etc.? Who is going there? I've heard it's a popular Spring Break destination. What else?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The Padre Island area of Texas is very interesting to me and some of it looks great. It just seems so far from everything - except Mexico and the major Texas markets.

Maybe there's enough people and money in Texas alone for it to take off. It's 5 hours south of Houston.

Is it popular with folks from Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, etc.? Who is going there? I've heard it's a popular Spring Break destination. What else?
The barrier islands in TX are growing with development. They remind me of Destin 15 years ago. Prices are relatively affordable compared to Destin area. Pre-Construction condos are around $350-$400 per sq ft., Destin is probably around $650-$750 per sq ft. The beaches are pretty rough compared to So. Walton. They are more like Appalachicola, ie- brown sand for beach instead of powder, murky water, etc. Some of the islands have major erosion, and they have installed sea walls,similar to the ones in Mission Beach in San Diego.

Who is buying and vacationing? Houston, and the surrounding communities. There are about 4 million folks in that market, and Houston is a short drive, for a weekend get-away.