• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Who will you vote for Supervisor Elections

• Bobby Beasley

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Shelia "Wilkerson" Grimes

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Bobby Beasley

Bobby Beasley, a longtime resident of DeFuniak Springs, is seeking re-election as the Walton County Supervisor of Elections in the November 2, 2010 General Election. Beasley was appointed in 2003 by Governor Jeb Bush and has been elected without opposition in 2004 and with opposition in 2006.
Bobby is married to Susan Kennedy Beasley and was married to former teacher and Walton County Supervisor of Elections (1998-2003), Melissa Beasley who passed away after a courageous battle with leukemia. Has two sons, Bryan and Bo Beasley, a wonderful Mother, Mildred Beasley, retired and living in DeFuniak Springs and Father and best friend, Bennie Beasley, deceased in 1981.
Bobby has lived in DeFuniak Springs since 1958 except for 5 years when away in college. A graduate of Walton High School, graduated from Pensacola Jr. College, attended the University of West Florida in Biology and Chemistry. Went back to school for degrees in Heating, Air conditioning and Refrigeration, Maintenance Technologies, and Industrial Electricity and Electronics; worked with Trane Corporation as Factory Service Engineer, owner with Professional Mechanical Technologies which specialized in Commercial-Industrial HVAC and computerized control systems. Beasley worked as a volunteer with Walton County Elections from 1998-2003 with his wife Melissa, before taking Office in 2003 as Supervisor of Elections.
Beasley is a State Certified Supervisor of Elections, served three terms on the State Board of Directors with the Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections in District 1, lifelong member of the First United Methodist Church of DFS where he serves on the Board of Trustees and is a member of the Busy Men?s Sunday School Class. Former past president and member of the Kiwanis Club, member of the Chamber of Commerce, Relay for Life sponsor, mentor with Take Stock in Children, NRA member and is active in many other community events and organizations.
Elections have gone through many changes since the 2000 Election. The most important issue with any election is security, following strict State guidelines to prevent fraud, insuring every valid vote is counted and accounted for with secrecy for the voters that cast ballots. All voting equipment is State Certified, protected with passwords and encryption keys to prevent tampering, thoroughly tested with in house and public logic and accuracy testing and set for election with no votes recorded before elections. Tamper proof and unique numbered seals are applied to insure security. All voting equipment has real time auditing logs providing a record of activities and events relevant to initialization of election software and hardware, identification of files containing election parameters, initialization of the tabulation process, processing of voted ballots, and the termination of the tabulation process. Walton County currently exceeds the State?s security standards to ensure safe, secure and accurate elections.
?It is truly an honor to serve as your current Supervisor of Elections. In the upcoming general election, I would greatly appreciate your consideration and vote to keep working hard for problem free elections in Walton County. Experience, knowledge, organizational skills are vital for accurate and secure elections. It takes a massive team effort and thousands of hours of hard work for elections to run smoothly. I can?t say enough about the tremendous job our Staff, Poll Workers, Canvassing Board and the Voters have done to make this possible in Walton County. As Supervisor of Elections, I will promise to never compromise the integrity or principles the public expects of an elected official. Constitutional Officers are sworn to support, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of Florida. I do not always agree with the laws and mandates passed down, but the laws of the land cannot be compromised. This is where we as voters have a great deal of responsibility, almost everything we do is a reflection of the people elected to office; they create the laws and regulations that affect our everyday life and future. This is why I take the job so seriously and what makes this job so very important. Every valid vote must be considered sacred and we must continue to have fair, honest, safe, secure and accurate elections. I want to thank you for your continued support and consideration in the November 2nd General Election. Remember your vote is your voice in government and democracy works best when everyone participates.? Thanks you again and God bless.
You can contact Bobby Beasley at home (850) 892-3323 or e-mail at bbeasley1952@gmail.com.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Shelia "Wilkerson" Grimes

Shelia Wilkerson Grimes, a native of Ponce De Leon, Florida. She graduated from University of Florida with a Bachelors Degree in Psychology.

Shelia relocated back to Walton County in 2005 and currently resides in Santa Rosa Beach. She is currently affiliated with American General Life and Accident Insurance company.

Shelia is married to Broderick Grimes. They have three children, Tiffany (Dentist in Atlanta, GA), Trey, (student at Florida A&M University) and Victoria (honor student at Emerald Coast Middle School).

Please visit Shelia's website at www.Electsheliawgrimes.com to learn more about her vision for the Walton County Supervisor of Elections office.

Civic and Community Involvement (Present & Past):
Co-Chairperson Walton County Democrat
Walton County Democrat Women Club
Walton County Black Caucus
Walton County Take Stock In Children
Walton County Chamber of Commerce Coastal Council
Okaloosa County Academic Excellence Society
Walton County LEADERZ
Walton County Habitat for Humanity Board of Directors
Walton County Habitat for Humanity Board Secretary
Leadership Walton 2006-2007
Dale Carnegie Course Coach
Red Bay Church of Christ (Youth and Bible Teacher)
Georgia State Youth Conference Coordinator and Pageant Director
Inspirational Speaker

Professional Affiliations:
National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
Business Network Incorporation

Past Professional Experience:
Founder and Director of Over The Rainbow Kidscamp, Atlanta Georgia
Professional Etiquette Instructor
Real Estate Agent and Mortgage Banker
AT& T Account Executive, Manager of Methods & Procedures
State Farm Claims Representative
Fireman?s Fund Claims Representative

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Nice job and great information the candidates on both polls, SWGB. Very well done.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Nice job and great information the candidates on both polls, SWGB. Very well done.

Thanks, there's a third one, I think it just got pushed down a little. All of the information I got was found here:

<Candidate Reports - Candidate Log In>

For some reason it reverts to the April 09 Defuniak Springs election, but at the top is a drop down menu to change the election cycle you are looking for. Once there if you click on a candidates name any information they have submitted will show.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Name recognition didn't work.

Congrats to Bobby Beasley on just over 80% of the vote!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
She is uber-intelligent and though I've only met her briefly, a great person, as is her whole wonderful family. Maybe she would be a fine choice to run for school board when her mama retires. :cool:

But yes, I agree, congrats to Bobby. He is doing a great job and I am sure will continue to do so. It's going to be a rough one in 2012.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
She is uber-intelligent and though I've only met her briefly, a great person, as is her whole wonderful family. Maybe she would be a fine choice to run for school board when her mama retires. :cool:

But yes, I agree, congrats to Bobby. He is doing a great job and I am sure will continue to do so. It's going to be a rough one in 2012.

Go for a longer period of time and report back.