• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
wow it flet like july 4th. i think we have a great summer coming

Last edited by a moderator:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I suspect at least part of it was that the weather was so darn nice- mid-60s and sunny counts as very good this time of year. Be interesting to hear from some rental agencies to see if they got a last minute spike in reservations for the week between Christmas and New Year's.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
SoWal has been hopping! Not like Summer though. I was on Scenic 98 in Destin Friday and it looked like Spring Break with lots of kids and bikinis on the beach.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
it took me over 12mins to get from grayton to the far side of seaside. it was 40 cars

deep.rhis was friday about 4pm. i was stunned and one of the most ceowded i've ever seen. and oin to the lowes in destin was crowded

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Based on our bookings so far for the spring and summer, it will be a busier year than last year, and last year was our best in about 9 years. We even increased our rental rate for spring and summer.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
i easily booked out last yr. and from mid sept to last week was very slow and last week got my first 2 bookings. not in a hurry to fill up the calander yet as most want discounts. my expenses have one up and i'm not discounting unless i'm within a week of needing to rent

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Based on our bookings so far for the spring and summer, it will be a busier year than last year, and last year was our best in about 9 years. We even increased our rental rate for spring and summer.

Thanks - is this for one unit, multiple units, a rental company?

The trend in recent years has been for people to book closer to travel dates so this is significant and will be interesting to see if this is a trend.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Thanks - is this for one unit, multiple units, a rental company?

The trend in recent years has been for people to book closer to travel dates so this is significant and will be interesting to see if this is a trend.

This is for a house in Seagrove that sleeps 10. We use VRBO and a great management company, Sunburst.

Last year was our best year ever and I think our summer was totally booked by end of January/beginning of February or so. We currently have 5 weeks booked for Spring Break and 6 for Summer, which I believe is ahead of last year. We gave no discounts last year or this year, and as mentioned, increased our rates 10% this year for the first time in many, many years.

I believe our rental company would agree that this should be another great rental year for the area, assuming no natural or unnatural disasters. Expect crowds!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thanks - it's good to hear. Sunburst is an excellent company and we are grateful to have their support to help us keep this site going. Steve Howard has a luxury rental program I'm doing videos and photos for and we'll be featuring some of the properties here on SoWal.com soon. I'm hoping that some of their other owners will also want videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MoonCreekStudios