Surfing

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by cpete, May 12, 2005.

1. cpete

cpete Beach Lover

Just wanted to know if it is possible to catch a wave or two. We are going to be in Seacrest third week of June. My nephews are approaching the teenage years and I was looking for an activity to add to our week that they have never done before. No professionals here, I would consider getting up and traveling a few yards a great success. Our family has been coming to the area for five years now and we love it!

Pete

2. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Depends on the day. Some days are flat water with an occassional break, others days have vicisous waves, and most days are somewhere in between.

3. SoWalSally

SoWalSally Beach Fanatic

There's rarely enough action for surfing, unless storms have hit. Three feet waves are considered monsters. Kids from Cally and even the OBX would laugh at the "surfers" here.
    But, it can still be fun. Plan on getting your guys bikes, kayaks, and take them fishing.

4. Waterman

Waterman Beach Lover

If they are at least 16 years, I highly recommend renting a jet ski at the foot of the Destin bridge. You can also ride double with them if under 16! :lolabove: