• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seaside Rep Theatre

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2006
starlightlogocopyni2.jpg

[FONT=Garamond,Times New Roman,Times,Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Garamond,Times New Roman,Times,Serif]The Seaside Repertory Theatre is expanding its programming in 2008 to include the presentation of feature films. :yikes:
[/FONT]

Sundays | March 16 - October 19 | After Dark

[FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial MT Condensed Light,sans-serif][FONT=Garamond,Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Seaside Lyceum Lawn* | $5 Admission[/FONT][/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial MT Condensed Light,sans-serif][FONT=Garamond,Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Click here to
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial MT Condensed Light,sans-serif][FONT=Garamond,Times New Roman,Times,Serif]LET US KNOW WHAT YOU'D LIKE TO SEE!
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Garamond,Times New Roman,Times,Serif] Beginning March 16, The Rep will present a feature film on a big screen each Sunday evening on the Seaside Lyceum green. The films presented will be critically acclaimed recent releases, well-known favorites from years past, and other limited release films heretofore unavailable on the big screen to panhandle audiences. Admission is set at only $5.00, and through a partnership with the Cottage Rental Agency, preparations are being made to offer a full bar :)blush:) at the event in addition to popcorn and candy. Tickets will be sold at the door.

We want to the setting to evoke the feeling of the drive-in movies of old says, but also capture the communal, shared experience of movie going that has brought people indoors over the years.

Displaying the films will be a gigantic 25' x 15' screen, suitable for audiences up to 1500, and the sound and projection quality will both be top of the line. Thanks to a grant from the Merchants of Seaside, all the equipment will be top-notch and brand spanking new.

Some of the movies slated to be shown include the year's surprise hits Talk To Me, Gone Baby Gone, and Once. each of which have been awarded much critical acclaim, but were released mainly in metropolitan areas. In addition to the more recent, smaller studio films, a diverse array of classics like Jaws, The Godfather, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

In addition to the Sunday movies, the Rep has also taken the reigns of the summer family series in the Seaside Amphitheatre. Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day, free movies will be shown on the Rep's screen free of charge as in years past. These movies will include favorites appropriate for the whole family.
[/FONT]

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Great idea! I did the survey. We used to love movies on the lawn at Seaside that weren't necessarily for kids, way back when.

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
30-A since before I could walk
I filled it out! I can't wait!

:love: the idea.

:clap::clap::clap: