• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
Scott Brannon, who is also the TDC Chairman, said he has received complaints about Suzanne Harris continuing to be on the TDC Board. He passed the gavel and made a motion to immediately remove Harris from the TDC Council based on her opposition to the commission and what he says is a violation of the code of conduct. With an ethics complaint against commissioner Larry Jones by Harris, he excused himself. The motion carried 4-0.

Surprised it took so long. :roll:

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Scott Brannon, who is also the TDC Chairman, said he has received complaints about Suzanne Harris continuing to be on the TDC Board. He passed the gavel and made a motion to immediately remove Harris from the TDC Council based on her opposition to the commission and what he says is a violation of the code of conduct. With an ethics complaint against commissioner Larry Jones by Harris, he excused himself. The motion carried 4-0.

Surprised it took so long. :roll:

Is that kinda like letting your "soon to be" X wife or husband stay in the house?

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
I'd say she has gone too far. It looks like it's nothing but a personal vendetta now. Maybe she needs the boot right outta the county?

Walton County activist Suzanne Harris wants County Commissioner Scott Brannon held in contempt of court.In a lawsuit filed Feb. 9, she contends Brannon has conducted county business from a personal computer, and by doing so has violated a 2009 court decree that commissioners use only publicly-owned equipment for official communication.

Please use your skills to be a positive force for our community!

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
How do you feel she has gone to far? I am not a fan but you really got to give her credit. I am really not a fan of her lawyer

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
This is a small town. How can a person get away with crapping where we eat?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I feel she is fully entitled to her opinion. I just wish she would quit using OUR tax money to express it.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
I feel she is fully entitled to her opinion. I just wish she would quit using OUR tax money to express it.
Exactly!

Seems sort of inappropriate that the guy she is suing is the one that made the motion to boot her. And she would not have a case if they would stop violating the law.
It would be different if they were heathens trying to pillage but at this point it looks like she is playing nanana boo boo.

Law is the law but to handcuff officials and tell them to always keep their mouth shut or you'll be sued is counterproductive. We have to be able to get business done! I am sick of the petty BS.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
At the end of the last Walton County Commissioner meeting, Commissioner Scott Brannon asked to have Suzanne Harris removed from the TDC Board. In an email sent to WZEP, Harris says, “This is most likely the reason Scott wanted me off the TDC.”

Harris is referring to a court request for a Plaintiff’s for Contempt and Show Cause Order filed February 9[SUP]th[/SUP]. In the complaint, Harris says Brannon conducted county business from a personal computer. The complaint says Brannon maintains a computer in his office separate from the county equipment. The complaint also notes an order that the commissioners only use their official email accounts to conduct county business. This after a previous court action over public disclosure.

In the court paper, Harris says she believes Brannon maintains the computer and uses it to conduct county business through personnel email in violation of the court order. She says Brannon has demonstrated a lack of compliance with the court’s previous order.

The complaint and an email copy released shows emails between Brannon and others discussing county business through emails with an aol.com email address. This would not be the official county email address. It is unknown if Brannon also copied the emails to his county address for record keeping. Harris’ complaint states the previous court order requires only the county email to be used.

During the commissioner meeting, Brannon said he has received comments from others who have questioned why Harris was still on the county’s TDC Board. Brannon asked to have her removed. He stated there is a clear violation of the TDC Board’s Code of Conduct. Brannon is also the TDC Chairman.

As the BCC Chairman, Brannon passed the gavel and made a motion to immediately remove Harris from the TDC Council based on her opposition to the commission and what he says is a violation of the code of conduct. With an ethics complaint against commissioner Larry Jones by Harris, he excused himself from the discussion.

The commissioners discussed the motion and questioned if they were asking Harris to step down or asking that she be removed. They questioned if a vote was needed. The attorney said a vote was needed to remove Harris. The commissioners voted to appoint people to the TDC Board. Eventually Brannon said his motion was clear, he was asking for Harris’ removal. The motion carried 4-0.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Exactly!

It would be different if they were heathens trying to pillage but at this point it looks like she is playing nanana boo boo.

Law is the law but to handcuff officials and tell them to always keep their mouth shut or you'll be sued is counterproductive. We have to be able to get business done! I am sick of the petty BS.

When the government an/or its employees conducts it "business" out of Sunshine, behind closed doors and begins to decide what information the public is "entitled" to it becomes a dictatorship. Last time I looked, this was America not Nazi Germany. The petty BS comes directly from our own BCC.