• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

whitesands

Beach Lover
Sep 17, 2005
It's our turn for the "ribs 'n chicken" bbq. I've heard of sweet corn pudding, but can't find a recipe. The ones I've found call for canned corn. Does anyone have a sweet corn pudding recipe they'd be willing to share?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:wave: ...can't help, but I'll be looking for my invite for dinner!!! YUM!

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
whitesands,
You may be looking for a traditional southern recipe called "spoon bread" made with fresh corn. I'll be back in a sec once I find my mother's recipe.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
This recipe is delicious...

this looks to absolutely die for!!!!!!!!! and I will try it. anything with ricotta has gotta be worthy.

I always do the easy corn pudding on the back of jiffy cornbread box. its really yummy too. pauls dean does this one, and she adds cheddar on top - she has the recipe on food network, I believe (it's basically the same as the jiffy one).

more corn recipes!

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
this looks to absolutely die for!!!!!!!!! and I will try it. anything with ricotta has gotta be worthy.

I always do the easy corn pudding on the back of jiffy cornbread box. its really yummy too. pauls dean does this one, and she adds cheddar on top - she has the recipe on food network, I believe (it's basically the same as the jiffy one).

more corn recipes!

Love that Jiffy corn bread. Tried all the other more expensive brands and I keep going back to the Jiffy.

(But your mothers recipe was the best!....need that recipe!)

Never had corn pudding, but Dune-ahh, your recipe sounds yummy. :drool:
Going to take it with to the Jersey shore where we get some of the best sweet corn next month.

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Love that Jiffy corn bread. Tried all the other more expensive brands and I keep going back to the Jiffy.

(But your mothers recipe was the best!....need that recipe!)

Never had corn pudding, but Dune-ahh, your recipe sounds yummy. :drool:
Going to take it with to the Jersey shore where we get some of the best sweet corn next month.

I didn't say I liked Jiffy Cornbread - it just ain't southern. But, the corn pudding recipe on the back is the only use I have for Jiffy - and it is dang good - because of the "sweetness" in jiffy. you gotta try it. totally easy. it's a holiday dish for many...

mangy, I'll ask my mom for the southern cornbread recipe. my girlfriend also makes it the best!!! I use the recipe on the back of white lily self-rising cornmeal, or one of those - its a buttermilk cornbread recipe - very yummy. my mom does it from scratch.

Last edited:

Gypsea

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA; Watercolor
Here's another one to try.

Amish Corn Pudding

2 T. unsalted butter, melted
3 small scallions , trimmed & cut into thin rounds (1/4 C.)
2 T. flour
2 C. milk
4 large eggs
1 t. salt, or to taste
Freshly ground pepper
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
4 C. corn kernels, fresh

1. Preheat oven to 375*. Lightly oil a 6 C. souffle or baking dish.

2.Melt 1 T. butter in a small skillet over medium heat. When the butter is hot, add the scallions & cook, stirring, just until they begin to turn translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.

3. In a small bowl, whick together the flour and 1/2 C. of the milk until smooth. Set aside.

4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, the remaining 1 1/2 C. milk, and the seasonings. Add the milk and the flour mixture and the remaining 1 T. melted butter; whisk until combined. Quickly stir in the corn and the sauteed scallions, and pour the mixture into the prepared souffle or baking dish.

5. Bake until the corn pudding is cooked though, 50 minutes to 1 hour. It will jiggle when you move it, but it should not be liquid in the center. Remove from the oven and serve within 10 minutes.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
mangy - I forgot about one other thing I like to use Jiffy for: blueberry corn muffins. just add fresh blueberries to the recipe, and pour into muffin pan. yummy. again, its the sweet cornbread that makes this so wonderful.

but when I'm having butterbeans, fried chicken, chicken and dumplings, collards, or some of those wonderful southern foods, gotta have the southern cornbread right out of the big black skillet.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
mangy - I forgot about one other thing I like to use Jiffy for: blueberry corn muffins. just add fresh blueberries to the recipe, and pour into muffin pan. yummy. again, its the sweet cornbread that makes this so wonderful.

but when I'm having butterbeans, fried chicken, chicken and dumplings, collards, or some of those wonderful southern foods, gotta have the southern cornbread right out of the big black skillet.

Now that it's booberry season, I will try that with the Jiffy. :wave:

Next I have to work on eating a southern meal like buttebeans and collards. I never had this. :dunno: