• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
.hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { font-size: 10pt; font-family:Verdana } Excellent opportunity to support the Arts at South Walton High School! These kids are such an asset to our community- please come out and support them!

THE FIRST ANNUAL SENIOR-DIRECTED ONE ACT FESTIVAL will be held in the Drama Classroom #600 Friday and Saturday, January 30 and 31st at 7:30pm. Tickets are $5 for everyone, children under 6 are free. Eight short plays will be presented in a two hour program that will serve as a fund raiser for the Drama Department. Please come and urge your friends to come as well-the kids need your support!

Student directors are: Bri Weintraub, Caitlin Powell, Heather Moses, Michael Jernigan, Faith Karwacki and Whitley Brown. The eighth play, "A Social Event" is the Drama Department's entry into this year's International Thespian Society One Act Competition and is directed by Mr. Goodrum.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
do you know which plays? will a 5 year old be interested?

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I thought sowal was the drama department. ;-)

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
This sounds like a hoot. I'm assuming that additional donations will be accepted?

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
My guess is maybe not, but I will check!

My guess too; but one never knows. She loves the theater, but it will need to something like Charlotte's Web, etc.....thanks for checking.

Sounds like a grayt night.

lovesomebody90

Beach Comber
Mar 2, 2008
The plays range anywhwere from a mixed up romantic comedy, to an off the wall play about monkeys and typewriters, to a dramatic look at a couples life together. It's sure to be a hit. The shows will be APPORPRIATE for younger kids, although I am not sure that they would understand all of what is going on in a few of them. Never hurts to give it a try though. And of COURSE additional donations will be accepted and GREATLY appreciated.
:)

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
One act is this weekend! These kids are working HARD- this show, their other school activities and jobs, and another show! Please come support them!:clap:

Thanks to all the SoWallers who have supported the SWHS drama department - we look forward to seeing you this weekend too!