• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
We've rented a house in Grayton that doesn't have a pool, contrary to all previous years where we have had one. My kids are poolaholics and are really bummed that they won't have one.
Number 2 son rarely if ever goes into the ocean because of jelly fish stings in the past. Do we have any options that are in Grayton anywhere we can take them that they can get come chlorine time, paying $$ if necessary for usage/membership? Is it unheard of to pay something like "pool rental" on a beach house that maybe hasn't rented but would like a little extra income for a week?

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
We've rented a house in Grayton that doesn't have a pool, contrary to all previous years where we have had one. My kids are poolaholics and are really bummed that they won't have one.
Number 2 son rarely if ever goes into the ocean because of jelly fish stings in the past. Do we have any options that are in Grayton anywhere we can take them that they can get come chlorine time, paying $$ if necessary for usage/membership? Is it unheard of to pay something like "pool rental" on a beach house that maybe hasn't rented but would like a little extra income for a week?

No public pools in the area, unfortunately. A few years back, I worked a deal with the SRB Club to use their pool on a reciprocal agreement with my own country club. You might call them and see if you can work something out.

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
Is it unheard of to pay something like "pool rental" on a beach house that maybe hasn't rented but would like a little extra income for a week?

Wow, how did I get dumped in Business Goods and Services :cry: I'm not looking for a business that rents pools out.

Last edited:

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
I've heard the new place (I think it's Love Shack) off 98 headed towards Sandestin has a pool at the restaurant that's open in the late afternoon. Food & swimming at the same time....

Also the Destin YMCA is much cleaner than Frank Brown & I think they have daily rates.

Last edited:

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
Thanks for the suggestions. I am so sorry we rented a pool-less house this year, but it was that or not go at all. To my husband and myself, it's no big deal, but it's major for the kids. I saw a cheap rate and thought we'd just deal, but the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking I made a mistake. :dunno: I wouldn't go all the way to Destin to go to a Y pool, though -- we'd head to seagrove or Panama City and condo pool crash first. :D

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
I've been to Frank Brown at least a dozen times with my kids and we love it.
I didn't realize the Y had a daily rate (last time I asked they didn't, but that was a while ago), but I've never had a problem with the cleanliness of FB, it's been spotless every time we've gone.
Did you have issues Lisa?

rblessed1031

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2008
Dune Allen
We will be in the Grayton area the first week of August and we have rented a house with a pool. I am not sure how old your kids are, but we have several between the ages of 5-17 that will be along. We may be able to share if we are there at the same time.

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
That is very sweet of you! I would never impose on someone's vacation time, though. We rented Simply Blessed for the second week in Aug.

I was hoping to attract an owner who has a rental w/pool in Grayton that is vacant while we're there (8.10-8.18) to rent out just the pool to us for a a couple hundred bucks for the week. I want to be able to walk to it from the house, though.

Thanks again, very nice of you.