• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wintersbk

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2005
TEXAS
In just over 3 weeks, my little family and those in tow will once again begin our journey to paradise. This year we have decided to make Ramsgate #3 our nesting ground for the week. Outside of the usual beverage consumption while resting in sugar white sand, we plan on trying out a little coastal dune lake fishing in Western Lake, a chartered fishing trip out in the Gulf, plenty of shopping for the fems and a couple nights out at the Red Bar. We try not to have an agenda while there but there are a few things that are just "givens". We are bringing a few relatives who have never experienced SoWal, so it should be an enjoyable time by all.

And now the reason for this post.

What's the beach like in the area in front of Ramsgate?

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I don't know what the beach looks like. I just wanted to wish you a Happy Vacation and a safe trip!!!! Have lots of FUNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The beach is fine there - a little narrow to the west where a couple of houses are now ON the beach, and to the east a short walk is the Eastern Lake outlet.

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Which Ramsgate are you talking about? There are two in Seacrest alone (actually one of them changed it's name to Seven Palms or something like that a few months ago), plus one or two others.

wintersbk

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2005
TEXAS
SlowMovin said:
Which Ramsgate are you talking about? There are two in Seacrest alone (actually one of them changed it's name to Seven Palms or something like that a few months ago), plus one or two others.

I did not realize there were so many. What's the significance of the name?

It's the one in Seagrove next to Eastern Lake.

wintersbk

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2005
TEXAS
I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I'll post it within this thread.

I was surfing at work today and started playing around with Google.Earth.

I found this just north of Seaside and was wondering if any of you could tell me what it is. It appears to be a large house with an olympic size pool out back or a resort???

untitled3.jpg

untitled4.jpg

Thanks!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I think that is Camp WaterColor.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
yeah, 98 is at the right top of the pic and the lake water dosen't quite make it that far - wonder if they'll dredge - another cheatin way to get to 98 too, across their little bridge and around the ring road and out the gate onto 98!